Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Old trademarked company

Status
Not open for further replies.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a domain for sale with traffic. when i Google it an old drug propduct that was TM pop's up. It does not seem like the company is around - does anyone see any issues with owning and parking such a name with drug related products under it?

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is a domain for sale with traffic. when i Google it an old drug propduct that was TM pop's up. It does not seem like the company is around - does anyone see any issues with owning and parking such a name with drug related products under it?

There is a concept known as "trademark abandonment." Without seeing all the facts, one can't really say whether there is a problem here. But, if you have an attorney evaluate this, they could probably give you a reliable opinion on it.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a concept known as "trademark abandonment." Without seeing all the facts, one can't really say whether there is a problem here. But, if you have an attorney evaluate this, they could probably give you a reliable opinion on it.

im not looking at spending a lot of money on this - the dn only gets 500 hits/month.

is there a way to see if the TM is still active/used?

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes. USPTO.gov

Not necessarily. That will tell you if the trademark has been registered in the United States. That does not tell you if the owner of the mark has common law rights or registered rights in one of the other 140 or so countries on Earth.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. That will tell you if the trademark has been registered in the United States. That does not tell you if the owner of the mark has common law rights or registered rights in one of the other 140 or so countries on Earth.
You are so true on this.

I actually own a TM that I need to built the site launce it before it is claimed "abandoned".

You must use the mark in commerce and file a statement of use...

I have that notice literally hanging right above my head so I do not forget to do this within the specified time.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that may be true - this seems like its more work than its worth, agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom