Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

on the new traffic forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when it says an overture of 50, does that mean for the term together, seperate, or for the dn?

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should ask the seller of the domain name. :)

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no but your a mod, I mean to be able to post in the new "traffic" section.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean. You are referring to the forum descrition, not a domain for sale.

I will get back to you on this.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with TLd - description was updated.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also does this mean if i have a name with type-ins but no ovt figures or links but pure type-ins i cannot post it?

it seems a bit restrictive IMO. surely proveable traffic is just as good if not better than the ovt tool which can be very hit or miss

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The requirements make the forum misleading. I have many domains with over 100 links that get almost no traffic, and I also have domains with no Overture results that do get traffic. There are also plenty of unregistered domains with Overture results that probably do not get any traffic at all. Either the name of the forum needs to be changed to "Domains For Sale - Overture/Link Popularity" or the requirements need to be changed.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The idea of a "traffic forum" is nice, but if even only a few people abuse the new forum, its credibility will be shot...that is no one will ever trust what they read in there anymore after that.

Also, "link-in" counts and "occurrance" counts measure somewhat different things; worse both of these values can vary considerably dpending on what service is used - and even within the same search engine service due to geotargeting and other misc factors.

Only real way to measure traffic is counting it d:)

But counting it isn't so simple...is it type-in, link-in, and variation thereof. What about traffic manipulation? And what is considered a "unique" hit? (many different people share the same IP) ... and count Homepage hits only or all pages? So many questions!

Even on domains where the traffic is well known, the quality of the traffic can vary widely; one may get the mistaken impression that traffic itself equals value...there are numerous domains that get little traffic, but are still quite valuable...for example, single (1) letter (there no single numeric ones from what I recall) domains.

A better way quite really is to do what Afternic and other lesser known services do and categorize domains ... Afternic's categories seem to actually work very well and it's easy to find what one desires (their search engine is a different story though - has some serious glitches).

In short, instead of a "traffic forum", consider category forums instead...also that would scale much nicer - that is allow far more domains to be advertised here.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom