Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

only 354 more posts and I can change avatar at will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...or so goes the DNForum legend! :eek:

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont think its at will, i think you have to pay again every time you want to change it. But i may be wrong on that.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey DomeBase, you're 94 DNF points closer :)

M

mole

If you have more than 999 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar i.e. change at will.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What on earth can I use as an avatar with a name like Domain Pairs

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to learn that too. I guess you guys will be seeing more of my posts here now. LOL! :D But then ALL my posts were, are and will be of good quality, guaranteed (including this one). ;)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomeBase don't change your avatar! It's one of my favorites in this place!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by frontrowmktg
DomeBase don't change your avatar! It's one of my favorites in this place!

okeedokely neighbor! :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know what, DomeBase: your avatar together with the "Okeedokely Member" custom title project a very friendly and trustworthy image that I have to agree with frontrowmktg is one of the best here (along with mine, of course :D ).

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
You know what, DomeBase: your avatar together with the "Okeedokely Member" custom title project a very friendly and trustworthy image that I have to agree with frontrowmktg is one of the best here (along with mine, of course :D ).

Thanks NameSlave,

I don't always live up to that high image, but I try.

I've thought a lot about the Ned Flanders character on the Simpsons and think it is very interesting. Although the Simpsons is a cartoon and plays well in popular culture... it deals with some serious and deep issues more than many other shows. The show tackles some deep spiritual issues that more "serious" shows have not had the chutzpah to dare... like when Bart dies or when Lisa gets disillusioned with church or when Homer sells his soul... or when the end of the world is predicted. The character of Ned Flanders is one of the more positive images of Christianity on TV. He is portrayed as being rather dorky, but at least he is ernest and not a hateful hypocrite... which is rather refreshing. Then there was the great Simpsons episode when it turns out that Ned Flanders is actually the devil. LOL! This shows insight. If the devil were to sign up as a member of DNForum, he would probably not have a menacing name like "666.com" or "SoulEater" or something obvious like that... but something that looks friendly and good... like Ned Flanders. Anyway... to the best of my knowledge I am neither the devil nor completely free from hypocrisy... but I do my best to live up to the high calling of this noble avatar! :)

Hey... now only 352 posts left! :laugh:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everybody start selling your domains to DomeBase for $DNF so he will spend them faster than he can accumulate them!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everybody start selling your domains to DomeBase for $DNF so he will spend them faster than he can accumulate them!

ok...ok... Ned will remain always. And to show you what a good nieghbor he is... I've just donated all my DNForum bucks to you!

:D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

ok...ok... Ned will remain always. And to show you what a good nieghbor he is... I've just donated all my DNForum bucks to you!

:D

Whoah! What do you want me to do with them? Oh the guilt! I will safeguard them for you until you come up with a better idea for them. How's that?

P.S. Welcome back Ned! (I know you never really left, but your heart strayed briefly...)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Whoah! What do you want me to do with them? Oh the guilt! I will safeguard them for you until you come up with a better idea for them. How's that?

P.S. Welcome back Ned! (I know you never really left, but your heart strayed briefly...)

How about some type of contest that would further community spirit?... solicit nominees for something good... and then a poll to vote... and then give ### points to the winner? Perhaps the "Most Helpful Forum Member"? Or perhaps a flattery contest, wherein members say the nicest things about other members and the best flatterer wins?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just tried that, based on avatars no less!

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20644

Of course, there was a small entry fee (100% going to the winners jackpot) - maybe that was the turnoff....

Let me stew on this for a day or two and I'll try to come up with something. For the record, I got $254 DNF, all of which I will give back to the community (somehow!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom