Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"open" domains selling really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Past few months I've been selling "open" domains like hot cakes! Just sold a 14 letter one for mid x,xxx. It was top quality though (it's a business site now). I also just turned down low xx,xxx on one. Funny thing is... those names were a gamble a few years ago and I paid at premium for them but I decided to stay patient and discipline and it's paying off.

Just wanted to share this with fellow domainers :) to spread a little inspiration.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the good ones are taken .com and .net - do you think .org has any chance being sold for $xxx or more?. I have a few under my wings. And if its not a secret where does these 'open' domains gets sold more often?. By the way, congrats on your sale.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Sorry for being a bit blur here but can you give some example for "open" domains. The one that I can really see valuable is Open Source.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for being a bit blur here but can you give some example for "open" domains. The one that I can really see valuable is Open Source.

Thanks Rusty. I actually prefer .org over .nets I've gotten more action there.

@wussadotcom the latest name I sold was OpenConnection dot com I can pm you the name I turned down the offer on.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

@wussadotcom the latest name I sold was OpenConnection dot com I can pm you the name I turned down the offer on.

Is it also possible to share with me? Interested to know the domain you turned down xx,xxx range.

thanks

RustyK

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pm me too please. plus I've sent you some .org but never heard back anyways ....

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score

Hi,
thanks, I would love to know the domain name. What are your thought on the opposites then? Such as
"CloseConnection" "PrivateConnection" etc

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here, very decent name for sure, just among the fews generics I can relate to open. When you rejected the offer what range were you expecting? mid $xx,xxx?

Yes, my expectations are mid xx,xxx range.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the name you are referring to.

Most of all, I would love to see these "hot cake" sales on DNjournal.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Doc Com The sales were private. Majority was by a single venture company buying out cloud and open domains. They request privacy. They have pretty much cornered the market now on both and I mean the top tier of each category. I registered hundreds of Open domains a few years back after seeing the success of that domainer who bought thousands of keyword+360.coms

best,

james

p.s I pmed you the name

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just sold another "open" domain for x,xxx (buyer requested privacy) but I can pm what the name was upon request. This is my 4th Open domain sale in the past 2 months. The gentleman said he saw the name via Godaddy's Premium listings but I removed the name from there so he contacted me via my business site (but that went to spam, not good) then he just emailed me directly. Almost lost this one.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I shouldn't have sold openaccess.net for just $1,000 back in 2002. But then the person who backed out from buying it for $120 just a few days before that (here on DNForum, forgot who) is probably still banging his head against the wall. LOL!

RustyK

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just sold another "open" domain for x,xxx (buyer requested privacy) but I can pm what the name was upon request. This is my 4th Open domain sale in the past 2 months. The gentleman said he saw the name via Godaddy's Premium listings but I removed the name from there so he contacted me via my business site (but that went to spam, not good) then he just emailed me directly. Almost lost this one.

I have a few .org and a .net that you probably seen already but I'm wondering what gives in this "open" niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom