Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

OpenSRS transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnitus

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what Tucows/OpenSRS's policy is on transferring domains that have just expired?

I was stupid enough to let a domain of mine (on my OpenSRS reseller account) expire yesterday, and I've stopped using that reseller account so there's no $ in there right now, and I'm loathe to put another $250 into that account (min. CC payment) to just renew that one domain... Would I be able to do a transfer to my enom account at this point? Would OpenSRS allow a transfer to another reseller account? I need this domain active again ASAP.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe make another opensrs account, normal account, push the name into it and then only pay for renew?

tinnitus

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see a name pushing mechanism between OpenSRS resellers...

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're allowed to transfer expired names out of OpenSRS (as long as they're not in RGP). Make sure the name isn't locked.

To transfer to another reseller, just initiate a transfer from the other reseller.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd add to George's note that as well as NOT being in RGP (REDEMPTIONPERIOD), prior to transfer, a domain name cannot have the REGISTRAR-HOLD status set (or as he notes REGISTRAR-LOCK either). REGISTRAR-HOLD can happen quickly after expiry, so it isn't something to be discounted. I use DiscountDomainRegistry.com, who is a Tucows reseller, and they set this status quickly, and at that point, one can only RENEW.

REGISTRAR-HOLD is often set by the REGISTRAR before deleting the name (any website or e-mail will NOT resolve in this status as it has been removed from the zone), while REGISTRAR-LOCK is generally used as a "protection" mechanism by the registrant, to prevent fraudulent transfers (while the domain itself is fully active and included in the zone files).

Best,
~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom