Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Opinions on my new dn seller site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The site uses the domain seller pro script from -RJ- , the design was from customb and the logo was from Tippy.

http://www.dotsbiz.com

Tell me what you think and if I should make any changes. The real names to be sold and categories have yet to be added, but will list over 1000 financial domains in a couple days.

Thanks for your time and reviews.

Doc

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I really like the colors you used, they work well together and are nice and easy on the eyes :)

Mike

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot Doc! Very pleasing color scheme and nice clean layout. It's a winner!

I think marketing to a specific sector like you are doing is a good idea too. I am taking a similar approach toward media names. It will be easier to be #1 in a specific sector than to emerge from the crowded field of dealers who handle names of all kinds. You've picked a great sector too. Being the person businesses think of first in that field will pay big dividends. Good luck!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AWESOME site!

Not so awseome name. DotsBiz.com - Hmmmmm.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MASSIVE 'thumbs up!! Really pleasing on the eyes. :)
Best wishes.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the layout and design. The colors are good with the exception of the highlighted "choose a catagory' and "search domains". My eyes were drawn to those 2 sections and put a little stain on them not to look at those areas.. It may be better to soften those 2 and make the highlighted "recent domains/all catagories" a little harder. Other than that, I really like it. Good Luck.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are clouds over your parade. :)

When I went to the site the color scheme made me think it was a site about babies. Like a site to buy baby products.

Sorry :cry:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Babies?? Well, I don't know about that ... BUT I would agree with DNQuest on the two colored lines/sections, upon further review! Really, I'm most impressed, and thank you for touching base with me, as well.
Take care.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

When I went to the site the color scheme made me think it was a site about babies. Like a site to buy baby products.

Reminded me of Fat Bastard with Austin Powers saying "you look like a baby -- get in my belly."

C'mon Greg I don't want negative opinions, only positive encouraging ones. No hints at anything bad about my site is allowed on this thread from now on. I'm asking Popper to delete your post and punch you square in the nose if you do it again.

Besides, you must have babies on your mind. I didn't see what you saw (and still don't) and we have seven kids. Look at this way, you can turn on some soothing music, bring my site up, start to read my names and I'm sure it will have you sleeping like a "baby" in no time at all.
:laugh:

PS I just wanted a chance to jump around and complain like all those other posts. You know the ones. Was fun.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

damn.. ireally liked the color scheme ..then I read your post and went for a2nd look..I'll be damned if the first that was "gerber"

I think that is similiar to one of there old color schemes..

maybe the peachy color a bit bolder?

Really nice layout though..

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Layout is very nice. It could be that financial names do require colors that are a little stronger.

Good luck with it!

Cheers

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow Doc!
The site looks so professional.

The layout is clear and intuitive.

The color scheme looks..................Hey Doc, did I tell you my wifes having a baby? Yup, it's going to be a boy, we just found out................. What was I talking about before?

Customb

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the site looks great as well. I am glad Stoc chose us to design it. Thanks for the kind words guys.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL Alright, alright. I shouldn't have encouraged such comments. You are all banned from this thread!

I love the color scheme and am going to incorporate it in every site I do from now on for financial stuff just to spite you. Stockbrokers need soothing, comforting sites now. I should know.

Thank you for your nice reviews though, I will take your suggestions under advisement. Doc

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Color is a very subjective thing. I'll gaurantee you that if you change it, you will get an equal number of people who don't like it. Not all financial sites have to be green! That is getting a little tedious. :)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Color is a very subjective thing. I'll gaurantee you that if you change it, you will get an equal number of people who don't like it. Not all financial sites have to be green! That is getting a little tedious. :)

Thanks for your support Duke.

I can always count on you. I am considering an affiliate program with gerber though. The colors are soothing. Did you know that with the current market conditions, most brokerages are not leasing out new space above the second floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom