Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Opinions on the best time to have a domain auction end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing your opinions on what the best time/day would be to have a domain name auction end. (example: 6:00 pm EST Thursday afternoon)

I think it is important to have the auction end at a convienent time frame and day for prospective buyers...for example on Ebay, in the US, having an auction end on Sunday evening about 9:00pm is the best time to account for people accross the country...as Sunday evening being when the most traffic hits ebay.

Domain names are global and I want to make sure I set an end time which is as inclusive as possible...business wise.

If you do not think this is very important, I appreciate hearing that as well.

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the ONLY way to have an auction end when it is not live is with a "time after last bid"...eg. Auction ends 12 hours after last bid....whatever time you decide. I wouldn't do it longer than 24 hours so as not to make it drag on.
This format allows someone in a different time zone/part of the planet to be involved. This is a VERY international forum.
This also allows the seller to get the best price for their name as the market dictates.
I will rarely, if ever, get involved in any other type of auction...waste of time as far as I am concerned. If I stay involved in an auction bidding etc. only to have it decided by who has the quickest finger or it ends at 3am...uhuh...
Sellers will figure it out.

Although, that said, the type of auction I like is not permitted here at DNF.
(From the Auction Rules)
4) Must specify end time, time zone, and date. NO "ends *hours after last bid" allowed.

So I save bandwidth by not visiting the auction section here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom