Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Optimizing Suggestion for international traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny,

I've been parking my gTLD domains at Parked.com since one & half years and I've been always happy. Of course there were ups and downs but I think Parked is the best in its industry. :)

However, as a Korean, I was never able to park and optimize ccTLD domains. It is too bad that I am not able to earn money with nice ccTLDs while my gTLDs doing great with Parked.com.

I understand that I am not a major player and PPC industries are very cautious about international traffics. And I have no idea what kind of policy you have on international traffics. But I've seen other PPCs allow to optimize for international traffics and I wish Parked.com would do same thing but perform much better like they do with gTLDs.

1. To park ccTLDs with international traffics, I need to know if Parked.com can provide international advertisers. If Parked is not willing to, I should stop wasting your time. :disappointed: I see Japanese localized advertisers in my friend's landing page at Parked.com. If I use Japanese proxy, I see it but without proxy, I see default(English) advertisers.

2. I can add ccTLD domains without any problem. But I can not add IDNs. I get this system message: "Domain was not properly formatted."

3. To optimize, I should be able to use foreign languages in domain edit page. I see number of problems. First, parked use "iso-8859-1" for charset. So when I use Korean or Japanese for "domain title" and save, I get this kind thing: 디엘케이오 닷 컴. But ironically, I can use Korean or Japanese in Keyword without any problem. I can use Korean and Japanese in "Title Tag", "Custom Content", "For Sale Message" and "Meta Tags" with no problem.

If you fix few problems and hook up with local advertisers in localized language, I would be happy to move all my ccTLDs to Parked. And I believe others would do.

Thank you as always,

chois

Domain Days 2024

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chois - You bring up some very good things. Some that we can fix and maybe some that I can not. So let me address a few of them.

Parked accepts traffic from every country in the world today. But Yahoo only accepts traffic for about 62 countries. In your case, Yahoo supports traffic from Korea, but not on their domain parking platform. I'm not 100% sure why, but handle it the same was as China right now, if you go directly to Yahoo they have results, but they aren't passed it to us. But whenever Yahoo doesn't support something our secondary providers still do.

To us whether you are using computer.com or computer.in if you are in the US, you should get the same results on both domains, but if you are in India you shold get results from India. Yesterday we had clicks from 221 different countries and one domain had clicks from 217 of those. In that domains case, every country can potentially have a different landing page for each country.

We can definitely provide you with international advertisers. The keywords that are put on a domain are purely based on where you are located and not the domain.

The problem with IDN's is that we used to allow them and then we were asked to turn them off. Most advertisers were confused on what they were seeing because they were getting clicks from xn--asdasdlkjlkjasuuu.com and they were freaking out. I will bring this up again with Yahoo and one of our other providers and see if they have any problems with us turning it back on again. No promises on this one though.

As far as the edit page goes. I'll need to look into that. That may actually be a ajax issue. Because all of the db structures support utf8.

We did just add support for 13 countries on Wednesday, those are: India, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile and Argentina.

So I'll see what I can do about the other issues.

Donny

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny,

Thank you for your attention.

I can pass IDN issues but I want to know if you can get localized-targeted categories for localized keywords. You see, within Parked domain edit page, I can put Korean or Japanese keywords without any problem but categories result are not matched. I get generic categories like Gifts, Home, Art. Let's say, if my keyword is 이혼 변호사 which means 'divorce Lawyer' in Korean, categories shold be set as something relevant in Korean.

This is most important issue for me.

Thank you again, ;)

chois

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any news or updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom