Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

OrderDirect.TV Can They Mess With Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was fooling around with domain names the other day on GoDaddy and I was shocked that OrderDirect.TV was available. I bought this domain name for around $8.99 mainly for the purpose of reselling the name. So I decided until I sell it, I may as well develop it into a website and see what happens. I should add, I would never have the balls to buy a name that was something like OrderDirectTV.com or anything else where the words OrderDirectTV are grouped next to each other without a separation of a domain suffix. I was accepted into a bunch of affiliate programs & one of my affiliates is Direct TV. So to cut to the chase, I have a bunch of banner ads for Direct TV that are almost the first thing you see on the site. My website I admit is totally amateurish, I don't have the money to do anything better & I used a free program with hosting from GoDaddy called Website Tonight. I thought about putting banner ads up for places like the Dish Network too but decided not to as I thought that would be taking things too far. I have banner ads for a bunch of other products that have nothing to do with Satellite TV or Direct TV.

Could Direct TV harass me for the name? I could see them making me take the Banner ads from them down. If that was the case, I could then run banner ads for say the "Dish Network", right and they couldn't tell me to cease and desist or could they? Any advice or am I making too much out of this & I'm too small a fish for Direct TV to care about or buy me out?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any advice or am I making too much out of this & I'm too small a fish for Direct TV to care about or buy me out?

IMHO you're making too much out of this. :D

At least you know what to expect. The rest is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom