Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Org contact information

Status
Not open for further replies.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got a notice that PIR is going to suspend .org domain names from resolving in two days that have bad phone number data:
The Public Interest Registry (PIR.org), is mandating that the WHOIS for all .ORG registrations contain a valid phone number.
Please log into your account and ensure that all contacts (Registrant, Billing, Technical, Administrative, & Aux Billing) have a valid phone number associated with them. Any names that do not have a valid phone number by Sunday, November 3rd will be taken out of the zone by PIR and will not resolve until the phone numbers are updated.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had that email too - problem for me, having re-sent all my .org whois, is that Enom's interface removes the first 0 in any UK number so that the format looks like +44.1234567890. However the UK has many specialized numbers, 0800, 0845, 0870 etc and these require the 0 to work in most cases. So even entering the correct number doesn't give the correct output for my number!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got an e-mail from a certain eNom reseller:

Dear Customer,

The Public Interest Registry (PIR.org), is mandating that the WHOIS for all .ORG registrations contain a valid phone number.
Please log into your account and ensure that all contacts (Registrant, Billing, Technical, Administrative, & Aux Billing) have a valid phone number associated with them. Any names that do not have a valid phone number by Sunday, November 3rd will be taken out of the zone by PIR and will not resolve until the phone numbers are updated. Thank you very much for your immediate action regarding this.

Sincerely,
(Name withheld)
Everything seems legit, except that November 3rd is NOT a Sunday!! :shocked:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got that too.
Only from that same Enom reseller (I am assuming you mean namecheap).

How idiotic. What's PIR want mandatory phone numbers for?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that must be it!

those ladies that work at PIR have been trying to track me down for ages! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's merge threads ...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can anyone notice that Mr. W just replied after all of us, and it sent him to post #2.
Somthing is wrong with the server's time setup!!!

It's happened to me 3 times in the last hour.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posts merged guys as dealing with the same subject so posting times take priority and #1 in thread B maybe #5 in thread A.

Come on guys get a grip here! :-D

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Server time has been adjusted, it was about 12 minutes out and now it appears to be correct.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The real reason behind this Email is that PIR has - once again - changed their database structure and they want to have everybody resubmit the contact info. Check out the new WHOIS at PIR and you'll see the extra (new) fields.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Webname for merging the threads. I am more concerned whether November 3rd is a Sunday, and are we going to have a holiday after the election. LOL! [/Joke]

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
The real reason behind this Email is that PIR has - once again - changed their database structure and they want to have everybody resubmit the contact info. Check out the new WHOIS at PIR and you'll see the extra (new) fields.

:-(

Not much fun having to resubmit WHOIS information for several hundred domains. Especially when divided between at least 5 different registrars.

I don't suppose pir.org could shoot off an automated e-mail to the admin e-mail for each domain they are going to deactivate (a few days before it gets deactivated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom