Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.org registration problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdkpl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi!

I'm quite new to this business, so maybe the question will be silly... But I have a problem with one .org registration and I don't know if to worry or not.

3 days ago I registered an .org domain. Then, my info appeared on Whois. But, yesterday, info on whois changed and there is "Namecheap" (my registrar) shown as the registrant. And the status of the domains is shown as "Transfer Prohibited"

I wrote about it to Namecheap and they answered quite quickly:
Hello,
It appears as though the domain is currently on client hold. We have
forwarded the details and we will be contacting you shortly.

Could you tell me, what it means: Client Hold? And why this happened? What "Transfer Prohibited" exactly means? Do I have to worry or not? Of course I believe Namecheap will help me with that, but anyway it's strange for me, because when I was registering com, net or biz, all was ok. And this is my first org - and such a problem appeared.

If any of you had similar experience, I will be greatful for some help and clarificatiion. Thanks.

PS. Yesterday I was correcting my info on whois for this domain, because there was something mistyped - maybe it has impacted this situation? But it's strange anyway, that instead of my corrected info, the info of my registrar appeared... And it still does not explain the "Transfer prohibited" status, which was there from the beginning, even when my info was still there.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Client Hold - not sure what it means
Transfer Prohibited - you cant transfer the domain to another registrar

the whois record (at internic.com) shows the registrar in some cases, also happens with enom domains. This is done to (slightly) protect the privacy of the domain owner. You should whois the domain IN YOUR REGISTRAR website to see who owns it. Best thing to do is just ask the registrar whats going on.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Client hold is the same for the PIR registry as Registrar hold is for .com and .net and usually indicates a problem with the domain. Could possibly be out of date information or just awaiting an update - worst case scenario is that it's not yours and a mistake has been made (or at least it's not yours and it will be called a mistake!).

pdkpl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for your answers

Mr Webname said:
Client hold is the same for the PIR registry as Registrar hold is for .com and .net and usually indicates a problem with the domain. Could possibly be out of date information or just awaiting an update - worst case scenario is that it's not yours and a mistake has been made (or at least it's not yours and it will be called a mistake!).

well, maybe it's awaiting for an update of information - I corrected the personal info yesterday, and some hours after that the whois info changed to "Namecheap".

But is it possible? Shouldn't it be so, that until the new info appears, the old info is there?

I still don't get it - this IS my domain, I registered it 3 days ago, my info WAS on whois yesterday... now it isn't.... I hope it gets resolved soon...

jeffhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so strange problem. never heard 'client hold' before.

pdkpl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link. What a strange situation - the domain IS mine, I can operate it from the Namecheap panel, what's more - DNS in Whois is MY DNS. Only the contact info is not mine, but Namecheap's. Also "Transfer prohibited" status seems strange, because it is not included in the FAQ on PIR (possible status is: ok, hold, pending delete, pending transfer). Getting a little frustrated with that...

Edited: - I've finally got the issue resolved :) The reason appeared to be simple, but not so easy to recognize - it was a kind of a bug at the profile info at Namecheap. While saving the info, for some reason the ZIP code was not saved (although it WAS filled in). And when I changed the info again, the ZIP field by the default was not filled - so info was not complete and in the result it was changed for the registrar's info. Now I noticed it and changed, and my info is back in whois :) Uff... Anyway, thanks for all your answers, it helped me anyway to discover, where to search for the problem's source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom