Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.org sales over $10k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are some notable .org sales over $10k? (aside from lottery.org)

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahh..I was looking for that link...thanks.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Aldwin :)

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you're welcome..
but we need to thank also DnJournal owner who takes the time to record all those data.
Keep it up!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aldwin said:
you're welcome..
but we need to thank also DnJournal owner who takes the time to record all those data.
Keep it up!
Yes, Duke is a good man, and works hard to write these news letters. I was going to tell him about the my.com sale, but then it did not happen... I see that me.com sold for 460K, which is around the price range of MY.com, as a matter of fact, that may be the source of part of the traffic.

I have talked to Ron (duke) in email and pm over the last year, and he is a great guy. Thank you Ron.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember Supernova.org selling for $15K sometime last year.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Whats so great about supernova.org?

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a typo of suprnova.org which was the biggest bittorrentsite beforing shutting down.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dang that much money for a typo woah! Nice sale tho. Thanks for the info pim(p)

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In case anyone else is with me in the dark... ;-)

BitTorrent

A popular file sharing service developed by Bram Cohen that prevents people from downloading constantly unless they are willing to share in the overall transmission load on the network. Released in the summer of 2001, BitTorrent is similar to KaZaA and other distributed swapping services where users download from other users and do not use a centralized directory as in the original Napster service. However, BitTorrent is also different than all of them because it makes every downloading user an uploading user.

Large Files Become Torrents

Instead of downloading an entire file, BitTorrent breaks a file into chunks and distributes them among several participating users. When you download a "torrent," you are also uploading it to another user. BitTorrent balances the load because broadband download and upload speeds are not the same. Users download files faster than they can upload them, which makes them less interested in sharing bandwidth to upload to someone else. BitTorrent ensures every user participates in uploading.

BitTorrent has become widely used for transferring huge program files as well as pirated movies. In 2004, one estimate placed BitTorrent files as a third of Internet traffic. Even if widely exaggerated, torrent traffic has been substantial, and the software has made its mark. For more information, visit www.bittorrent.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom