Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.org.uk anyone deal in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone's views of .org.uk ?

I notice that they are being offered all over now , which means that regisatrations should increase ..and perhaps that will translate into more deals in the .org.uk ?

M

mole

It's got a nice old school academic ring about it :) Good for professional bodies. I bought two from eNom already. Complements my .co.uk nicely.

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.org.uk is the official extension that has to be used by British registered charities (which is why I was able to get rnli.com which I use for our local branch of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution!).

Unfortunately most of the public do not know this and either try the .com version or the .org version of the name.

DavidH

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just remember that your audience is then restricted to that in the uk. Hence will never be the value of a .com or just a plain .org

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've run into lots of British nonprofit organizations that inappropriately use .co.uk or .com domains, snubbing the proper .org.uk. Clueless "marketing types" are common even in the nonprofit sector.

There are a distressing number of people, even in forums like this, who seem to think ".co.uk" is the TLD for the UK, rather than just the subdivision of it for commercial entities.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of .org's are now dropping as UK institutions move to org.uk.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LLP is the acronym for limited liability partnership in the uk.. does LLC make sense in the UK ?

In the states LLC is a Limited Liablity Company (or corporation)..

I'm sure it could still be used for the same purpose , just wondering if that term (LLC) is common or not over seas ?

CHC

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DavidH
.org.uk is the official extension that has to be used by British registered charities

Nominet do not impose any rule that Registered Charities have to register under .org.uk. .org.uk is an unrestricted tld. Many registered charities register under .co.uk and some commercial, for profit, organisations register under .org.uk because the .co.uk "flavour" of their chosen domain was unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom