Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Org.Uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. The org.uk is very limiting. However, for a small, tld appropriate selection of names, there is value.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I htink it has its place.

For resellers? No.

Cant you leave .org to non profit orgs?

Delete

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally havent seen them move at all. Even premiums have been having a hard time getting $50 offers

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a large move in UK organizations to switch from .org to .org.uk so there is potential even for resellers. However that being said it is a low level of interest currently.
Who knows how things will develop though and what the demand will be for keywords in any extension - we can but contemplate and speculate :)

M

mole

Originally posted by Mr Webname
There is a large move in UK organizations to switch from .org to .org.uk

Why do you say that, web? Do you have any examples of this?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're testing my memory now mole - over the past 9 months I've checked a number of .org drops and found that they had switched to .org.uk - Internet Archive links showed the changes - (none I personally reg'd).
New reg's for many organisations in the UK are also automatically .org.uk by choice so there is a market there.
Some have been long-standing choices, e.g. royalwindsor.org.uk (I have royalwindsor.org).
Though it's true that others have moved away from "org" altogether, for example I reg'd nhsdirect.org after it changed to nhsdirect.nhs.uk - still gets a good few hits though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom