Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Orkur + Fliptitle - 85k-100k+/month

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhappy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, 2 domains here.

Domain #1
Orkur, 0 tm issues, owned it for a long time now, gets a TON of type in's/misspells everyday. Dating sites lease the domain frequently on a month by month basis to build up profiles. I recently threw up an indian marriage site for shits and giggles and it's doing very well. If you are into social networking or trying to build profiles for anything, You need to use this site as a feeder, it's excellent. I think with a facebok.com setup, offering free trinkets etc in exchange for emails, it would kill. I just never had the time.

42k in typein traffic alone + handful of some google and referral.

1.jpg

Domain #2
Fliptitle.com, this domain has a lot of traffic and listed everywhere under the sun, its constantly being posted/shared on facebook, stumbleupon and other sites. I really just used it to rank other sites of mine as it has a ton of incoming links.

Traffic surges like crazy but always consistently over 40-50k a month range. When posted on social networking sites by users, which happens all the time, I have seen it as high as 75k. The site has recieved 0 attention from me, other than putting hardlinks on it. If someone were to run with it, it could be a lot bigger.

It's linked on all kinds of big blogs with writeups etc (3300 +)
http://www.designerstoolbox.com/designlife/?p=113
http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/12/05/21-designers-tools-to-get-work-done-or-just-for-fun.html
http://www.killerstartups.com/Web20/fliptitle-com-write-upside-down
more examples:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=KZa&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=links%3Afliptitle.com&cts=1268758301108&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

2.jpg

PM your interest/Offers.

I will only use escrow.com, Have many references if needed.

Last edited:

mrhappy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been impressed with this forum so far in regards to selling domains, Lots of decent people making good offers, and as expected some vultures ;) Keep em coming people!

mrhappy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have received a lot of great offers from a lot of people, i have a question though. How do you feel about the people that ask for Traffic Tests? I have bought a lot of domains and sold a lot of domains and never once asked for 3-7 days free traffic. I think it's kinda unprofessional. Out of about 30 messages I have received, I would say 3-4 asked for this, so it's obviously not wide range, but I am curious the thoughts on it.

If you want to buy a car, you get a 5 minute test drive with a guy sitting right next to you, You don't get to take it home for a week and then bring it back.
If you buy a house, you get to walk through it and ask all your questions etc, you don't get to live in it for a week to decide.

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain truly gets the traffic that you are saying why not give a potential buyer a small test? When you purchase a new car are you not allowed to test drive it ahead of time? Usually the only people that refuse to allow traffic tests are those who aren't really showing true stats. IMO

mrhappy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain truly gets the traffic that you are saying why not give a potential buyer a small test? When you purchase a new car are you not allowed to test drive it ahead of time? Usually the only people that refuse to allow traffic tests are those who aren't really showing true stats. IMO

I look at it different, if you want to judge the traffic, let me add you to the google analytics, or let me put a link up for you for a few hours, but to redirect a functional domain for a few days for some guy who most likely does not have 2 nickles to rub together I just don't think its right.I should not have to lose the income of a few days for some guy to gain that income and then either say yes or no.

Maybe the answer is, Put money up in escrow.com for what the domains earn in 7 days. If you decide you want to buy them, I take it off the purchase price. If you do not decide to, I keep the escrow.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I agree with Melly...

As far as a Car and a house is concerned, they are totally two different scenarios. You do get to test drive the car and you do get to check the house. Inspect it etc etc.

You don't just send money to a dealership via escrow and paypal and they ship you the car neither do you wire the money to a house owner or bank and then they send you the keys. You inspect everything and have the opportunity to decide to buy or refuse. If your traffic stats are true you will let people test the traffic for a few days. In my opinion anyone who doesn't want to is not telling 100% truth about the traffic.

A car and a house are totally two different things.. With domains if some one sends you money just because you claim the traffic and once they have the domain and the traffic is not there then they are at a loss and potentially a big one. It happens every day. People claim traffic and sell domains but the buyer ends up losing money. I have been in that situation a couple of times where I bought the domain and ended up losing money because it didn't make a single penny back neither was there any traffic that was claimed. So to prove the traffic you should have no problem letting people test the traffic and if the claim is right then you will make the sale quicker than you will by not letting the potential buyers test the traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom