Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ouch, NamesDirect & Dotster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WE just had a CC identity stolen arounfd the first of the month ..20k line of credit ..they got 2 K before it was caught..
I am not sure which registra it was yet.. should no soon..

We didnt lose anything..it was covered .. had to close account, order new card just abig hassle..

I suppose we dont have alot of choice but to sue when we find out which company isnt secure

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck bidawinner, I know what its like to be the victim of identity theft: someone got my Social Security number a couple of years ago and used it to make fake ID and checks :(

I cannot make an official response from Dotster/Namesdirect but I know that no Dotster customer had any data revealed because of this (it was a hole inherited from NameZero when our parent company acquired Namesdirect) and, if I understood what I heard yesterday correctly, no Namesdirect customer had their full credit card number revealed to anyone (the Authorize.net interface only shows the first 4 and last 4 digits of the card).

Mark......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom