Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

overture cache & feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
I am currently collecting between 10-30K ovt checks a day. It would not be hard to crank this up either. I imagine a lot of these checks are the same others do. Would there be any interest in this as a service? Say a monthly fee for access to a shared cache of ovt results?

Count me in.

-=DCG=-

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. When you respond please let me know about how many ovt searches a day you would do. If you could contribute any IPs to be used for the harvestor to run on. Also, if you would want both with ext and without (right now I just get with).

Is there any similar interest for alexa (which I also get for a similar amount) or other data?

PM me your email also so I can email you access to the site site when I get done adding an interface to it later this week. Right now everything is command line driven.

picobello

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How will you prevent OVT to ban your ip in case of massive exploitation of your tool?

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
It is a distributed harvestor, and a cache. It would reduce the overall load on overture, and in fact the tighter they make the banning the more sense it makes to use.

it makes sense to me. what are your ideas on the logistics of sharing the data and everything etc etc. also out of curiosity - how long have you been succesfully pulling this level of traffic from them? and has it been really slloooowwwwwiiingggg down for you lately?

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The logistics are the part that are not worked out yet. I wanted to gauge the demand before spending time on them. What I have works for me, but will need some work to extend to others yet. I will not be posting the details of them on the open forum though.

I have been pulling this level since April, and yes, it gets very slow at times. I currently have 5 machines collecting and will boost it to 8 this weekend. It is taking about 4 hours to collect that many numbers.,

affil3000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about Google Web Accelerator? That is essentially a large shared chache feed as well, isn't it? Would it work if we just all use Google Web Accelerator?

BjornA

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why would you do this , to make competion in domains you want ?

or maybe you will only make so you dont show all hits , and keep the best for yourself ................

sounds like a good tool, just cant see why you would offer it to us ?

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm interested. keep me updated.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom