Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Overture rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbied

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently dicovered the Overture tool and I think I pretty much have it figured out but I wanted to find out from the pros out there or anyone else who may have an idea as to how high of the overture number does it need to be before it would be worth registering?

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theres really no set amount. But of course the higher the OVT the better.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Barbied said:
Hello everyone!

I recently dicovered the Overture tool and I think I pretty much have it figured out but I wanted to find out from the pros out there or anyone else who may have an idea as to how high of the overture number does it need to be before it would be worth registering?

It depends on niche dn traffic...and a huge misconception all rolled into one. Would you rather have a mortgage focused name with 10/uniques a day with a 40% average CTR at 22$ a click or a dn with 1000 uniques at a 7% CTR at .05 cents per click?

Barbied

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is a good point... Let me ask anyone out there what they would do in this situation... I came across a few great names that are available but I am not sure if I should register them... I will use FloridaLawyer.com just as an example...

FloridaLawyer.com - Registered w/ovt ranking of 47k+ plus all other ext's registered as well.. But, FloridasLawyer.com is available....
Would anyone register this? The problem is that nothing shows up in overture when I add the "s" to Florida and the domain name has never been registered before so it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that it is that valuable.

I used google to see how many returns I got and it wasn't that much compared to FloridaLawyer.com I even tried a few other states and same thing happened with the plural version of the state not being registered..

Does anyone think the domain wil still get "Type in" traffic with the added "s" even though overture says it won't? And would you spend the $ registering those names that are available?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give and for the advice that has already been given on this subject. This site is pretty awesome!!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the overture is telling you the story, not many or maybe none at all are typing in the s , they would be gone if they were any good believe me.

now if you found one with the s on the end of lawyer instead of florida then your a winner.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
the overture is telling you the story, not many or maybe none at all are typing in the s , they would be gone if they were any good believe me.

now if you found one with the s on the end of lawyer instead of florida then your a winner.
SearchSix is correct. Good post.

Slipxaway

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about Overture as well if someone would be kind enough to explain.

1. Are the searches listed in a parenthetical manner, or are they just multiple words typed in? Basically... If overture returns a result of a 100,000searches for a phrase of x y z would this essentially yield the same results for y z x ?

2. Say you find a phrase that's 3 words in length and yields a 100,000 results in OVT... Is it imperative to register the phrase in .com form or would .net suffice given the high number of OVT?

3. Does the number of returned sites for the search results on google or yahoo have any impact on your earning potential? Say theres 100,000 searches for a phrase... and i type that phrase into google and it shows 8.2 million pages containing those words... Basically, how does my owning a domain that contains the exact phrase help me stand out from the massive amounts of site and essentially give me earning potential?

4. Which leads me to my last question, how do you turn a good OVT phrase domain into an earner? Would you somehow just instantly get traffic if you have your domain parked at Sedo or are there more involved things you have to do like buy advertising and such?

Thank you for the time and any response. I dont expect anything too detailed, just an overview or a point in the right direction, but hey, if you wanna expound, be my guest :)

Thanks again!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OVT lists the phrases in alphabetical order , in other words the phrase "surf board" would show up as "board surf". They also don't show the plural (s) , so you have to use your common sense on these. Good ones are 10,000 and above.

The .com is most likely only going to have type-in traffic , unless its a huge one , say 100,000 + then maybe some cirumbstances the .net or other would bring some traffic.

Google results do have an impac on a decision, but always search at google with "phrase" to get exact term results.

When you are mining for these domains your are looking for traffic domains mostly , to either park at a parking company or make a website from, although some nice brandable domains can be found as well that might not bring much traffic but a nice price in the market as brandable.

Slipxaway

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So will your only traffic come from type ins? I am new to this and thought I might have found a good one, but I'm not certain exactly how it works. Let me give an example and maybe someone can tell me if it's worth anything. Theres a phrase with about 1,000,000 OVT... For example we'll say using my common sense I've devised that the prime search phrase is "dog cat lion" in that order... If I were to register the domain doglioncat.net (because all of the prime dogcatlion.exts are taken and doglioncat.com is taken... Would it be it worth anything given that the phrase isn't in order and it's a .net?

Basically is there any benefit from having a .net that is comprised of all the words of a 1,000,000 OVT phrase even though they aren't in the prime order? I guess I'm still a bit iffy as far as how the OVT affects the traffic you recieve to the site. Is it based completely on type-ins or are there other factors involved?

Thanks again for the help.

Barbied

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to type each phrase one at a time in googles search engine, the one that you see ranked high in overture and the one you found available that are the same words but different order. Be sure to put them in quote form like... "dog cat lion" or whatever and see if the name that is 'available' returns the same results as the registered one does... If it is drastically lower then there is your answer... good luck!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Slipxaway said:
So will your only traffic come from type ins? I am new to this and thought I might have found a good one, but I'm not certain exactly how it works. Let me give an example and maybe someone can tell me if it's worth anything. Theres a phrase with about 1,000,000 OVT... For example we'll say using my common sense I've devised that the prime search phrase is "dog cat lion" in that order... If I were to register the domain doglioncat.net (because all of the prime dogcatlion.exts are taken and doglioncat.com is taken... Would it be it worth anything given that the phrase isn't in order and it's a .net?

Basically is there any benefit from having a .net that is comprised of all the words of a 1,000,000 OVT phrase even though they aren't in the prime order? I guess I'm still a bit iffy as far as how the OVT affects the traffic you recieve to the site. Is it based completely on type-ins or are there other factors involved?

Thanks again for the help.

You are looking for typeins , your example would not be a good reg , you will need the correct order of the phrase , even in the .com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom