Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Overture Score 12,400

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am looking at a two word .com. The two words typed together together score 12,400 on the overture search tool.

Relatively speaking is that a good or bad number . thanks for any help.

The price for the name is $15,000.

i am not experienced enough w overture to know.

thanks

page howe

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like quite a (great) deal to me.

If you are talking "bluewidgets.com" and "bluewidgets.com" scores 12k in OVT, I think that's really good (for $15k).

If it's "blue widgets" that scores 12k in overture, well, I doubt it's a good deal at all.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sitehq said:
Relatively speaking is that a good or bad number . thanks for any help.
You've provided no where near enough information for people to make that determination.

engine lyric search - 31,605
engine ranking search - 30,481
engine placement search - 27,973
engine internet search - 17,091
engine free search - 16,515
engine meta search - 14,758
engine image search - 13,068
car search used - 12,871

AVAILABLE:
EngineMetaSearch.com
EngineFreeSearch.com
EngineInternetSearch.com
EngineImageSearch.com
EnginePlacementSearch.com
EngineLyricSearch.com
EngineRankingSearch.com
CarSearchUsed.com

As Steen said if you're talking about WITH extension... that's something different than without. If you're looking at a name like one of the examples above... they do not represent "reality", and are misleading. Overture value alone is NOTHING to guage value from. Many other things can serve to give those values context.

~ Nexus

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks to both replies, hope fully i can return the favor.

what i hear you saying is if domain scores 5000 and name scores 5000

the two together could score 10000

but at the same time "dork name" could score 5001 because name scores so well

by the way the name is

prepsports.com , its for a end user buyer who i know in that business.

thoughts??

i figure those of you who took the time to read these posts should at least have your curiousity satisifed.

page howe

overture searches for sept with extension were 497

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a good domain for sure - 497 with extension. $15,000 is a little pricy for the domain in my opinion, depending on what you plan to do with it to get a return for that kind of money. I would think $7500 to $9000 would be a reasonable price for this domain, just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$15,000 could potentially be made in about three years time with a domain of that type. I have one with ~460 overture that could generate about $1-$5k/yr with the right senario so that may seem a very fair price but would say 4 figures would be more reasonable. With new ad blocking measures built into SP2 and other products I have had to find workarounds for maintaining payout levels. Overall it really depends on the demographics of who is visiting (typing it in) and the past use of the website. I wouldn't imagine sports would be that large of an earner but I noticed in Fabulous some of those domains were paying as high as investment type stuff.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Page!

I hope you have enough info to correctly evaluate "Overture" results for a "term or domain".

As I'm sure, this is the reason for creating this thread.

"Overture results" have been used by many to gauge the potential traffic of domain names, some know how and some don't.

However, once the specific domain name has been disclosed, then it becomes an "appraisal thread" of that domain, which you are considering to purchase.

Therefore, we must close the thread, since forum rules prohibit "appraisals for domain which you do not own".

Threads such as these, could be acceptable..... as long as the domain name is not disclosed!

If you have further questions, you are welcome start a similiar thread concerning the subject.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom