Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Overture Suggestion Tool comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that frequently (far more often than not) when returns with the ext are received for a domain the suggestion tool numbers are often zero for the name without the extension vs the domain with the ext.

For example, this is common: domainname = no returns. domainname.com = 58 returns. But this is uncommon comparatively speaking: domainname =47 returns. domainname.com = 58 returns.

It would seem the returns with the dot-com should be significant in comparison but frequentky they are not.

I am wondering why this happens so often and its significance?
Can anyone shed some light on this apparent oddity? Thanks.

P.S. After the above post there was a new post with a perfect example of the issue, saying a namne he was selling allsexbabes.com has 349 returns. I checked allsexbabes and also all sex babes and found zero returns. How is that possible?

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are you searching for

domainname

or

domain name

as it may just be that people are separating the words within the name when searching for it but putting them together when they add the .com

Ciq

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For "domainname" I got 143595 results! Same for "domain name". I got only 295 for "domainname.com", so this is not at all consistent with your original post. Please tell me why my numbers are so different than yours. We'll figure it out for 'ya. :D
Thanks.
:cool:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com or "domainname" I got 143595 results! Same for "domain name". I got only 295 for "domainname.com", so this is not at all consistent with your original post. Please tell me why my numbers are so different than yours. We'll figure it out for 'ya. :D
Thanks.:cool:

DomainName.com :D was merely an example or way to explain the issue, and not an actual domain. It was meant as word1word2.com or exampleexample.com or randomword.com, etc.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Errrrr ... my bad! I forgot my medication this morning. :eek: :D

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More often that not the site or ex-site was famous with links pointing towards it making people type in the actual site not the search term. I have the name www.arorak.com if you have a look the traffic in overture is there but without an extention not much. BUT have a look in marketleap.com and the links for the name exeeds 19000 - just one of many expelenations for this anomaly i'm sure. I also think that it would be pretty obvious that people don't search for "makemeyourbutterflytonight" as a search term but might know a website named "makemeyourbutterflytonight.com" or a site with a name close to that like "makeyourbutterflytonight.com"!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gsk008 More often that not the site or ex-site was famous with links pointing towards it making people type in the actual site not the search term. I have the name www.arorak.com if you have a look the traffic in overture is there but without an extention not much. BUT have a look in marketleap.com and the links for the name exeeds 19000 - just one of many expelenations for this anomaly i'm sure. I also think that it would be pretty obvious that people don't search for "makemeyourbutterflytonight" as a search term but might know a website named "makemeyourbutterflytonight.com" or a site with a name close to that like "makeyourbutterflytonight.com"!

Thanks for your feedback. The odd thing is with some terms or words there are a similar number of returns both with or without the extension.

For example, I just got a Snap on a name (I don't think it had a website before), which had approx' 100 ST returns measured both ways, with and without an extension. After putting up a small site and counter I see it's getting about 40 hits a day, all thought to be type-ins, and I am very happy :)

I have others I got via bounties here with results only on one side, normally the dot-com side but almsot zero traffic once online :sad:

There must be reasons behind these 2 scenarios to explain it and justify buying or not buying suggestion tool return domains. Can anyone else explain it.

centerpoint

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone is willing to clarify something for me with results to Overtures Search Term Suggestions. I am not a big fan of Overture and never really understood what you guys are talking about with respect to overture results.

When comparing overture results, is it better to user the full domain name with extension, just the compounded domain name without the extension or the domain name spaced out.

For example I have the following names and they produce different results based on how they are entered.

keylargoflorida.net returns 50 but;
key largo florida returns 2853

and

business-websites.com returns 0 (nil) while
business websites returns 8992

Secondly do you only count the returns from the primary result or all results combinations associated with the keyword. Business Websites returns about 75 rows of different combinations

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am seriously confused, or there are many people on the net searching for some crazy search terms at overture.

I thought that this was relevent to this thread, please excuse me if it is misplaced by being here.

I searched overture for the term "Family"
and recieved family as the 3rd most searched for term with 145,000+

But the thing that really threw me off was the #1 searched for term: "ad family google hagrid monitor query safe show" with 437,951!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something? Or are there really half a million users a month searching for that exact, crazy, long, search term?

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom