Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

overture update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
droplister said:
Overture is up to may now

what do you mean up to may now?

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OVt w/Ext results dropped across the board again... Speaking of which, where can I find a tool that shows past overture w/extension results?

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all of my domains have a smaller OVT w/ext... any ideas why this is happening for another month?

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
all of my domains have a smaller OVT w/ext... any ideas why this is happening for another month?

Time of year...College is out..weather is nice. People are taking vacations. I predict flat/decline till end of Aug. Look for a huge spike in September.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WeBuyThe.Com said:
Time of year...College is out..weather is nice. People are taking vacations. I predict flat/decline till end of Aug. Look for a huge spike in September.

yeah i guess seasonal fluctuations explain it

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea my names have also shown a decrease in the OVT
but surprisingly the uniques has remained almost the same

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simon said:

actually i can say the same thing - the uniques seem to be unchanged... maybe it a problem of measuring OVT...

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fritalover said:
damn one of my names went down from 1300 OVT w/e to 566 w/e.

wow that's painful... im sure that smth is wrong with the way OVT is measured... maybe some changes are being made. Besides it might be a seasonal fluctuations combined with above mentioned reasons.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just checked and one of mine is up from 40 to 88. Hopefully not a mistake :)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of the reason is that Yahoo and MSN are no longer together with the OVt thing. They splitted about and one and half month ago. MSN is coming up with their own system to count the searches done in their network

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simon said:
one of the reason is that Yahoo and MSN are no longer together with the OVt thing. They splitted about and one and half month ago. MSN is coming up with their own system to count the searches done in their network

Well this is not particularly good. Many domains that are on the edge of having non-significant OVT (25-75) will be harder to detect if the system is becoming less sensative. As for the new MSN thing, lets hope it will provide more insight in to this situation. Checking OVT on two independent sources might be not so bad, but it will definitely just add more work...

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simon said:

That is exactly why the decreases , and the traffic remains about the same because we are not getting the same reporting for the searches that were on msn.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I am actually seeing more uniques even with the dropped OVT scores.

(Thanks for the link media).

synergy

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember...if you own a traffic name with OVT w/ Ext and the OVT score decreases but traffic stays the same, you haven't lost anything.

OVT is only used for valuing possible acquisitions...so it really doesn't mean anything for names you already have traffic stats for.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
synergy said:
Remember...if you own a traffic name with OVT w/ Ext and the OVT score decreases but traffic stays the same, you haven't lost anything.

OVT is only used for valuing possible acquisitions...so it really doesn't mean anything for names you already have traffic stats for.

I agree. But a drop in overture is sometimes an indication in dropping interest in your domains subject and the traffic may decrease in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom