Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

overture w/ ext and hypen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a newbie question...
does a hypen on a domain name afftect the overture score in any way? like for example, stockexchange.com search show it's ovt score of 164 while stock-exchange.com returns 10 search terms w/ an ovt score of their own.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
overture scores on hyphen names tell nothing on how much traffic it might receive. I would not reg a name with 100,000 with ext that had a hyphen

ricky777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks you. that explains why 3 of my typos are not getting any type-in. my 1st 30 bucks to be wasted on junks lol...oh well.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Search engines and overture view hyphens as spaces... so you would get the same results putting a hyphen or not.

ricky777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good thing i registered it at moniker so i cancelled two of them but i'm stuck w/ the other one because i'm a few hrs beyond the 4 day grace period =P

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You live, you learn... Its not always a bad thing though... High searched keywords with hyphens are great for development.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and not always bad for resale i might add. There were at least three a couple weeks back that sold for x,xxx. this is the exception to the rule, but they were strong keyword phrases. one example was organic-foods.com that sold for i think $4,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom