Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Overture w/ extention numbers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what have all of you found out about the differenc in traffic to the overture number w/ extention.

I was told that if you have a 500 overture count /w extention, your more then likely going to get at least 500 uniques/day? Is that at all true.

RealNames may already now all of this...and I hope to hear from him. :wink:

Let me know what everyone has found out on their trails.. :goofy:

hifi2

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my experience if the domain gets mainly US traffic 30-40% of the overture number (/w extension) would be a safe bet for the daily unique figure. If the traffic is mainly non-US, then your guess is just about as good as mine.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my experience, you cannot estimate the amount of traffic a domain will get based on Overture results. 500 with the extension can mean as little as 50 visitors per day to as much as 5000 visitors per day. You just never know. I use Overture results as a probability indicator, not a traffic estimator. The higher the number, the more likely it is to get traffic, but how much traffic it gets is anybody's guess.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hifi2 said:
From my experience if the domain gets mainly US traffic 30-40% of the overture number (/w extension) would be a safe bet for the daily unique figure. If the traffic is mainly non-US, then your guess is just about as good as mine.

On average I agree with hifi2 though I have domains that receive 10% of the number per day and I have ones that receive 300%. I don't believe there is any science to it, at least I have never figured it out.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think you can estimate it either

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on if its an expired name or not. If it is expired and still has overture, then people are still searching for it on top of all the links that are left.

I have a few names that are pure typein (never sites) and hover around 300 ovt and get about 120 uniques a day. Then i have names that are in the low 30's (barely listed) that get 200 uniques etc a day. Theres no safe way to calculate it from my experience.

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sleazy said:
I have a few names that are pure typein (never sites) and hover around 300 ovt and get about 120 uniques a day. Then i have names that are in the low 30's (barely listed) that get 200 uniques etc a day. Theres no safe way to calculate it from my experience.

Most of my traffic names are typein's (mostly typo's) and seem to have the same, some low 25-30 ovt count get lots of visitor's, and some high 150+ get not much, I just use it to give me an idea it has some traffic

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So...what everyone is saying is that just to a certian percentage from the number shown on Overture and that MAYBE your traffic. Or just take it as a sign that the domain is getting traffic, but can't tell how much..even with the numbers of Overture.. :wink:

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
So...what everyone is saying is that just to a certian percentage from the number shown on Overture and that MAYBE your traffic. Or just take it as a sign that the domain is getting traffic, but can't tell how much..even with the numbers of Overture.. :wink:

Pretty much yes. I actually think that on average you can expect 30% daily uniques of the monthly ovt number w/extension. This is on average but I would not say it is the norm.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also don't forget that OVTs are easy to fake.
I personally owned a domain with 250 ovt that got no traffic at all. Of course that one month later the OVT dropped to 0.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How the heck can you fake an OVT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom