Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Overture with Extension and Actual Traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If possible, please post in this format any names that you have with overture with extension and the actual traffic they convert to.

domain.com - uniques - overture with extension

By doing this we can make a proper formula based on more than our own expieriences.

Thanks,
- Jordan

FBT.com - 50 - 125

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a cross section of names;

aquaweb.org OVT With Ext: 1418 Actual Uniques a day: 205

smartech.com OVT With Ext: 107 Actual Uniques a day: 84

caljobs.org OVT With Ext: 660 Actual Uniques a day: 123

oldtrucktrader.com OVT With Ext: 26 Actual Uniques a day: 8

The OVT tool can be a great tool ... just not always predicable.

Shaun

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice names shaun

can you send the traffic to me for about 6 months in order to help me understand the ovt tool better lol

use ovt at your own risk and remember that link traffic and se traffic sometimes skew the numbers

dont get boxed into no ovt no good as its catagory dependent to some extent due to source of numbers

high tech terms can show less while childrens or new entrant topics will show higher as the group is more likley to typin at the source pages

ovt is representive of small part of the market and while i find that 70 percent of the time i buy with my comfort level of results i get traffic

i constantly run my own non link pop names against it to get a read on weight i should give the numbers

there are a ton of quirks that will burn you more often then not along with the scripting creating the numbers issues not the tool but the engines that feed it

ovt says probable traffic not certainity
no ovt does not say no traffic

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
avs162 said:
nice names shaun

can you send the traffic to me for about 6 months in order to help me understand the ovt tool better lol

use ovt at your own risk and remember that link traffic and se traffic sometimes skew the numbers

dont get boxed into no ovt no good as its catagory dependent to some extent due to source of numbers

high tech terms can show less while childrens or new entrant topics will show higher as the group is more likley to typin at the source pages

ovt is representive of small part of the market and while i find that 70 percent of the time i buy with my comfort level of results i get traffic

i constantly run my own non link pop names against it to get a read on weight i should give the numbers

there are a ton of quirks that will burn you more often then not along with the scripting creating the numbers issues not the tool but the engines that feed it

avs162 ... great post .. agree totally! I would have said something similar but it would have taken me an hour to type that much! Come on .. show us a few of your MANY gems...

Shaun

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
avs162 said:

AMEN on those points.

There is no secret magic mathematical formula for figuring out how much traffic you'll get and/or the conversion ratio you'll get based on linkpop at any search engine.

If you come up with such a formula, let me know and I'll be happy to poke holes in it... err, help test it. :cheeky:

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously OVT is a bench mark tool that can be used and when crosschecked for links, alexa, and the terms OVT without ext; one can get a crude idea of traffic. I've been burned more times than not unless one of the other variables showed positive or I undstood exactly why it showed an OVT score without the other variables........

Shauns examples were fairly good ones for showing what the traffic SHOULD be like. I would guess at least one other key variable exists for each example he gave. Just a guess.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to see what other people usually get from their overture names.

for the most part I've gotten 25% of the monthly total per day in regards to uniques

I've heard 10%, 5% 50%, etc etc.

So I'm curious what others get.

Avs is right though.

Just curious on what people average :)

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On second thought, I'll contribute constructively here...

As a rule of thumb, if a domain has dropped (or will drop) in past or coming month, subtract 30-40 from the ovt+ext score as this tends to account for other speculators and scripts checking the domain.

I'd love to be able to assign a ratio of uniques : ovt's (or any other linkpop measure) but it's not possible.

I have domains that are all over the place, such as:
Code:
avg uniqs/day   ovt+ext
  105            329
   31             49
 1008             61
  500              0    (yup, zero)
(both in February 2004 b/c that's what Ovt's data is right now)

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mule.com 33 OV with extension and when I had it was receiving 200+ type-in uniques a day. As said it's a good tool but it's only one search engine.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jolt, Overture covers several search engines.

But you are correct, it's just one tool :)

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Jolt, Overture covers several search engines.

But you are correct, it's just one tool :)

Do they cover Google? I remember when first introduced to Overture a few years ago they did NOT! :undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom