Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Owner won't budge: Domain Pet Peeve 129

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's is one name I've coveted for years... and for years I've been increasing my offers substantially but owner won't budge. The owner is not a domainer and does actively use the name in background. It's all within his rights. This might be one I have to let go... but not before one last call. That is my domain pet peeve 129 and getting it off my chest. :disappointed:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Step 1: Say you'll pay his price in cash
Step 2: Meet him to give him cash
Step 3: Kill him
Step 4: Keep domain and Cash
Step 5 (OPTIONAL): Rejoice

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling. There are a few domains I really want, but once I make a decent offer on one, they always counter with a completely ridiculous price.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear you James, it can get frustrating, but remember your side of things...there is a price, they either pay it, move on or wait for you to need cash or even drop it.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find
You get what you need.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that I'm dealing with an owner that does not need the cash for that is all I have been offering. @Almost Step#3....@rngrdanny22 there has been no counter in our conversations. Those are not options lol.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what range is your offer, $xx, $xxx, $x,xxx or $xx,xxx

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear you James, it can get frustrating, but remember your side of things...there is a price, they either pay it, move on or wait for you to need cash or even drop it.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find
You get what you need.

Very true.... I'm going to up the ante tomorrow.... "
You can't always get what you want"

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the owner knows that you eagerly want it and hold it til the offer you make is one they really can't refuse ...

Good luck, James.

Alexander
Domain Educator

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My last range was mid xx,xxx I wanted it to match a similar name. Going big then going home.

very decent offer, did he counter offer or just refused?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem is that I'm dealing with an owner that does not need the cash.

Imagine for a moment how much more money domainers would have if they didn't need the cash... If only we were more like this guy we'd be getting a hell of a lot more money for our domains than we are right now.... He obviously has an attachment to the domain, I think most of us do for our most prized names, and come to think of it the biggest sales I ever had are for domains I did not want to sell.

I'm going to up the ante tomorrow....

I doubt it will do any good.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a case like that, I would knock on their door unannounced and come with a suitcase full of dollar bills.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if the owner does not need the cash lot lots of generic owners then it may take a xxx,xxx sum to even get the guy thinking.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very decent offer, did he counter offer or just refused?

without knowing the domain, how can one judge the quality of the offer, in relation to the value of the name?

from the owners perspective "JJ" could be just one of many, who send offers on this name.

they could view him as just another "tire kicker" ( no offense James )

in contrast:

i've been getting consistent offers on one particular name since 2004 and no bids have been high enough to consider, so i view them all as "tk's".

my advice, come high or stay at home :)

Good Luck!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In General:

The more times you make offers in a case like this...the more unlikely you are going to get the domain, he knows you want it bad and he is going to hold you over a flame... My advice would be offer as much as you feel it's worth or can afford and move on either way...you are wasting too much time/energy trying to figure out unknown things(what's in owners mind)... make your move based on your budget or business needs and you can never go wrong. JMO

step up take your best shot...win or lose move on.

Good luck

Last edited:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
without knowing the domain, how can one judge the quality of the offer, in relation to the value of the name?

from the owners perspective "JJ" could be just one of many, who send offers on this name.

they could view him as just another "tire kicker" ( no offense James )

in contrast:

i've been getting consistent offers on one particular name since 2004 and no bids have been high enough to consider, so i view them all as "tk's".

my advice, come high or stay at home :)

Good Luck!

He has definitely received many offers on the name, he has owned it since 1996 continuously. I never low ball, I always start with something decent. Let's just say I sold a similar name in the xx,xxx range that I wish I had offered as a trade a few years back because it would have better suited his work. I won't reveal the name, but it was a 4 letter .com second letter 'o' final letter 'o', his is of similar nature. But as an update my final offer was not accepted. You win some you lose some.... part of the game.

Too early for a vodka tonic to sooth the soul of a domainer?

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won't reveal the name, but it was a 4 letter .com second letter 'o' final letter 'o', his is of similar nature.

ironically, i have a 4 letter .com, where the second letter is 'o' and the final letter is 'o'

so mine may be similar in nature too.

:)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, you win some you lose some. a few months ago i won a domain in auction that i tried to buy years before. i offered the guy mid x,xxx but he turned it down. it was being used by some company but they eventually didn't renew and i got it for low x,xxx. it lost its creation date which sucks but i still got the domain in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom