Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

owners require some papers that they own the domain?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashar

Kuwaiti UNIX Geek
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since 7 years in business this is the first time one of my customers asked me for official letter from the "internet domain owner provider" maybe icann or something that he is the official owner of the domain so incase the domain is stolen or the company hosting his domain is out of business he can prove it and take his domain back no matter what.

whats the best thing todo in such situation?!

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make a "contract" style paper that puts the transaction on paper, like a receipt from you. If the customer trusted that you owned the name by buying from you, then he would trust your receipt.

The old NSI is the only registrar that I ever knew that used to send you an "ownership" paper.

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may want to clarify for him the difference between domain registration and domain ownership -just to be on a safer side. :)

Print out the Whois data that clearly shows the name of the registrant. Hopefully that helps. If he wants proof of "domain ownership", that is a different matter all together.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give him a "Certificate of Registration" which states he registered the domain name on the registration date.

What he wants is really dumb anyway. Let's say he sells the domain name to someone else, transfers the name voluntarily, and then just lies about it and says the domain name was stolen.

That piece of paper is not going to prove one way or another that the domain name was or was not stolen.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
I guess we have become a paperless society.

THere will always be a need for paper.

At this time, keeping record electronicly is definatly not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom