Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Page Howe Cover Story at DNJournal.com - Domain Flipper to Million $ Dealmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Page Howe showed up at DNForum.com in early 2003 looking to rebound from a .com bust that had decimated his extensive Internet business ventures. Howe was there hoping to climb his way back up the ladder by buying domains, often for under $100, and flipping them for $1,000 or more.

Flash forward four years to 2007 and there was Howe standing on top of the world after completing not just one but two seven-figure sales in the same year, Seniors.com for $1.8 million and Guy.com for $1 million.

In four short years Howe has become a poster boy for the amazing things that are possible in this business. DNJournal.com's new August Cover Story details how Howe discovered domains and went on to become one of the industry's key players.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2008/august.htm

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Another truly inspiring article that just goes to prove this business is far from over!

Since I started in this business I have become an avid reader every Wednesday morning (here in the UK) of your weekly digest report of top sales, but more and more I find I look forward to the Cover Story. For all the newbies out there this story, just like other recent ones, should inspire you to put in the reading and hard slog to succeed in this business.

Score for this months cover is easily 10/10!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron.
Very inspiring story.
Sky's the limit.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, Paige Howe... my arch nemisis in the auctions going all the way back to the NameWinner days!!

Oh how we used to battle it out in those auctions... $20,$25,$30.. SOLD! on those domains we're now getting $1k - $2k for!

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had conducted business with 'sitehq' on several occasions. Great domainer!

I

impactadmin

Great Story!

I enjoy learning more about the domainer and how they progressed over the years!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe one of his limited number of errors?

He bought a bunch of .ws about 4 years ago - probably sold them for mega bucks!

I also bought a couple of blog names from him which I turned for very nice profits but not quite the million. :D

Great story.

Ah, Paige Howe... my arch nemisis in the auctions going all the way back to the NameWinner days!!

O

Namewinner- ah- got a few goodies there - those were the days. :)

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks to all for the kind words, in an age where journalists put themselves first at the expense of their subjects, i really felt comfortable with Rons style and integrity.

lots of memories here, namestore has the portfolio i most envy out there in the 2 word brandables, if you ever go off to join a monastery, give me a call

on the ws names, yes my one very large albatross, (ok .pro also, ok kids.us also, im pitiful). luckily just this year i was able to get them (.ws) to godaddy so at least i dont have to pay the $35 per year anymore.

its 2003 all over again, ive got the urge to buysomething, im hitting the boards.

page howe
geodomainlist.com

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its 2003 all over again, ive got the urge to buysomething, im hitting the boards.

page howe
geodomainlist.com

It's a buyers market without any doubt, I have gone towards geo and idn's (China mainly)

Trump your geodomainlist.com with mygeodomains.com :)

Still awaiting my first $xxx,xxx sale, well not even quite half way yet but have had some good results the last year or two.

Keep it up Page, gives us old newbs confidence. :lol:

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahhh.... I know I sold a number of names to Page over the years here when I did some portfolio cleansing and reduction clearances. How much did you sell my names for? Never mind...... I really don't want to know as I don't care to cry today.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sitehq,

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to come on here and posting as you have above, that is quite something.

Unfortunately our interests lay in different areas, but to see and hear that you made a comeback after the crash just makes it all the more impressive for you to share your thoughts and ideas.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats man, I'll be there soon enough

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing makes me happier than reading about successful domainers. :) A very inspiring article. Congrats! :first:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't often revive threads but 3 years later and seniors.com and guy.com still look like the seller, Paige Howe, got the better of this deal.

guy.com is a coming soon page that cost 1 million bucks.

Although it seems paigehowe.com evaded his capture, it's a hot looking actress site.

-=DCG=-

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's actually Paige on paigehowe.com. He spent his massive earnings on a sex change and additional plastic surgery, and is now pursuing 'his' dream in entertainment.

It's always nice to hear the domaining success stories!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's actually Paige on paigehowe.com. He spent his massive earnings on a sex change and additional plastic surgery, and is now pursuing 'his' dream in entertainment.

Well then, he looks mighty fine!

-=DCG=-

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahh...the miracle of modern medicine...:smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom