Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Page Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Might soon like a daft question but how relivent are page ranks.

For example i have a page rank 4 out of 10 (i presume its always out of 10)

How does that bear in relation to a 3 and a 5?!?!?!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, always out of 10

PR3 has:
less relevant inbound links.
less relevant content.
less efficient page setup ie: meta tags, keywords, SE submissions, domain name etc.

PR5 has
more.

http://www.sitehike.com/gpre.htm

Note: this is my site, posted link is intended to provide info on Google Page Rank.

alien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PageRank is simply based on the quality (PR) of the "backward links" and is not the same as keyword rankings. You can have a high PR and it's possible to rank no where in Google for a particular keyword.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is 100 percent true, however if you have all of the other things, you will have more inbound links simply due to your visitors' and other webmasters' valuing your content. If they like it, they will link to it. If they can't find it, they won't. It all goes hand in hand. It is possible to have a mid page rank without the other elements of a quality website, but rare. You can achieve a high inbound link count through link farms and reciprical link sites, but the relavency of those links will generaly be poor. Google will give weight to those links, but only so far. Google likes relevent links, that can be acheived only by good content, proper backend coding and search engine placement.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people believe that it is logarithmic. A 4 would be 10X as high as a 3, and a 5 would be 10X as high as a 4. This is likely the only way they can have the spreads that they do with only a handful of 10s. I still haven't figured out how they call themselves a 10, and Yahoo a 9. I suspect they hand code those two lol, as yahoo pounds them even in their own link back listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom