Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

PageRank and Google Placement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, PageRank is directly related to where your site ranks in search result. Or maybe I am wrong.

I have a site that has a PageRank of 0, yet still ranks top 3 for some very popular search terms. These are terms that get 10K + searches according to OVT.

Does it make sense for a PageRank 0 site to rank 3 of 3,120,000 google results?

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's the keyword? sounds impossible to me but who knows.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeh, sounds impossible, as i understand pagerank 0 is actually a penalty pagerank given to banned sites. Maybe your google toolbar is off? Ive had pagerank 3 and even 2 sites top 1 but never a pagerank 0. Usually when you see that your life on google is over for that domain, still will see success with yahoo and msn.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pagerank is not in direct relationship with where you rank in the serps. But it's only one factor among other, and there are a number of other factors that are more important for good rankings. it is quite possible for a Pr3 site to rank better then Pr 6 site if the PR is better optimized towards the other factors.

Pagerank 0 is not a sign of a site being banned or in any other way penalized by google. A banned site gets a greyed out toolbar not PR 0. A PR of 0 is in fact a sign that the site isn’t banned, but more likely just new or on a site that doesn’t use SE friendly links.

Regarding your high ranking PR 0. Let me vaguer guess that it is a relatively new site? New sites sometimes get those kind of boosts but will most likely drop down after a few days, weeks.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, the domain has been developed for about 3 years, although I purchased it 3 months ago and redesigned it. There were many broken links in google that I later redirected. The site has been getting a good amount of google traffic for over 3 weeks even though it is a pagerank 0, and is top 3 for atleast 2 popular keyword phrases. Doesn't really make sense to me but I will take it. It was PR 0 before and after the last PR update.

Is there any way to check pagerank history. I feel like this site should have pagerank but is maybe penalized.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know of anything that keeps pagerank history, probably would have to know someone inside of google

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom