Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Park and Sell search function

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For those who may have missed it, if you click 'more' under Spotlight Domains or Park & Sell, you will now have access to the search function. You can search the domains by Domain, TLD, Price, Category, and, for Park & Sell, views and revenue.
This is something that people have been asking for, so I'm glad it's finally arrived. I even received an offer on one of my domains I listed some time ago, so it seems to be working. In the 6 weeks since P&S launched, we've seen over 100 sales go through which is great for a fledgling platform and we hope to bring some more improvements to the system shortly while continuing to use the summer slowdown to build up some really impressive parking stuff for you.

Ed

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed
The standards set for valuation of domains based on the cut parking companies offer is not fair. Either you come clean on how much you keep per click or help value the domain based on it's total income split by the provider and not by the parking comapny.

It is about time domain owners get a fair share on their properties or at least know the facts on revenue split. Too many domainers are letting go of their domains based on parked earnings which is in my exclusive opinion, misleading and unreliable.

Keep in mind, parking service is not affiliate marketing where the owner of the products or services determines the revenue share. The basis of domain park earnings are driven by the domains and the power it retains in drawing valuable traffic. By merely providing software, your rights to revenue share must not override the split in your favor. By all estimates, you as a software provider must provide your services on a flat rate scale and not domain click commissions as you do not own the principle product or service, just like any online software provider like hosting or a database service provider.

Imagine a merchant account splitting more than half of your sales or leads profits for merely providing their software. IN essence domain park is the same.

Either the parking companies reveal exactly how much they keep for themselves or stop creating a platform of domain valuation based on how much they dish out to domainers. This is not right. For as long as domain park lasts, these comapnies will milk it for all it is worth.

Domain park must sell their services on a flat rate service usuage not splits, which is almost always in the parking company's favor while domain owners struggle with ever increasing renewal fees. One cannot split revenues where risk input in on one side alone.

My 4 cents.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
double post, browser error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom