Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked and dot mobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will Parked be introducing a .mobi compliant parking page?

thanks

sags

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sags,
Yes, I currently have a 25 page document on my desk from one of our developers on what needs to be done. I don't have an exact timeframe, but it will be soon.

Donny

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great news, Donnie. Look forward to it. Nearly all the parked .mobi's are getting hits with regular frequency and they have only been there a day or two.

Bring it on! :wink:

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

Looking forward to their introduction.

Regards,

Sags

hvd

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donny,

do you allready have more news about introducing the .mobi extension (maybe a timeframe)?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.mobi gets traffic? lol ;)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think most people are just looking for a ".mobi compliant" page to use... expecting revenue from .mobi at this point, from a parking page, is almost laughable.

some people claim .mobi gets 'traffic'... but i think many people are confusing traffic from a developed site and natural type in traffic for an extention, which are totally different things..

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our plan was to have a .mobi compliant page available a few months ago. The problem is/was that .mobi domains just don't drive much traffic and with the advent of the iphone/blackberry/treo with the full browser, why would anybody type in a .mobi domain. I personally have a lot of insider information about .mobi from being a registrar and even though the domains sell, there just isn't any traffic on them.

A .mobi compliant template is on our list to make available, it's just not very high on the list.

Donny

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our plan was to have a .mobi compliant page available a few months ago. The problem is/was that .mobi domains just don't drive much traffic and with the advent of the iphone/blackberry/treo with the full browser, why would anybody type in a .mobi domain. I personally have a lot of insider information about .mobi from being a registrar and even though the domains sell, there just isn't any traffic on them.

A .mobi compliant template is on our list to make available, it's just not very high on the list.

Donny

Ditto!
I have some nice .MOBI's, but I still don't get the hype about them...
I personally prefer to type the SHORTER extentions (.COM, .NET, .ORG) on my Windows Mobile IE :smilewinkgrin:

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can see it not being a priority - the .mobi names i have parked get no traffic. however, the few that i have thrown up small sites on do get steady traffic and are even making money from admob. for those of you with parked .mobi's you should look into this. we're talking .01 to .10 clicks, but still better than nothing.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
......and with the advent of the iphone/blackberry/treo with the full browser, why would anybody type in a .mobi domain.

woah, now that is taking it a little far.

regardless of the iphone the public doesnt know about the .mobi extention anyway at this point.

.mobi = mobile optimized content.. just like www.domain.com/mobile

so in effect what you are saying is "why would anyone go to any mobile optimized site when you can look at the full webpage on iphones and blackberrys"

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think most people are just looking for a ".mobi compliant" page to use... expecting revenue from .mobi at this point, from a parking page, is almost laughable.

some people claim .mobi gets 'traffic'... but i think many people are confusing traffic from a developed site and natural type in traffic for an extention, which are totally different things..

No Traffic ??? :eek:

Here's a fine example of one of my dotMobies....;)

UBB,mobi

Parked with SEDO since may without any optimzation

Traffic...

May 2007 77
June 2007 105
July 2007 53
August 2007 56
September 2007 20 (so far)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
id like to believe it.. but theres gotta be some kind of other explanation for it.

.mobi cant be getting "type in traffic" this soon.. the public doesnt even know what .mobi is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom