Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked.com is down today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went to see my domains and got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /www/phpinclude/parked_frontend_functions.php on line 187

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been about 5 minutes now. We are working on it.

Donny

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
working perfectly fine here ( Germany)
best

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we brought in some additional servers, which cause a little hiccup.

Donny

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed some domains still down with that error and other domains are working.

It's all good after the refresh.

Thanks,
em

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to change the keywords properly??
Takes about 3 tries.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looking into it, it's a simple replication issue. If you change it once it's getting updated, just a little slow.

Donny

T

tonyfloyd

I wish they were permanently down!..........the other day i had 19 clicks on one of my sites and revenue of $6.25.....at the end of the day all 19 clicks were gone and the revenue was 0???....how could this be??...why did they take clicks away??..were these phantom clicks that just disappeared???....no response from parked.com

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was the bold font. :)

We only pay you what we were paid for. If all of the clicks were from one person, it was probably some type of bot.

Donny

Can't seem to change the keywords properly??
Takes about 3 tries.

Problem has been fixed.

Donny

T

tonyfloyd

and how do i know what u were paid???...maybe u were paid...and i wasnt???

cant believe all 19 clicks were a bot!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask around, we pay everybody for exactly what we were paid. We aren't a fly by night company, we have been doing this for about 7 years now.

If you would like me to send you the information I will, but you had 19 clicks within 3 minutes from german ip addresses to your german domain with no referrers and no user-agent.

But just let me know and I will be more than happy to send you the information.

Donny

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with their service and on time payment.

Cheers,
em

T

tonyfloyd

so ...some ghost on a german ip address made those 19 clicks??....how does that work??....a click is a click....no??

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A click is not a click. A click is only a click if it is a "valid click". If we get 100 clicks today, we show you got 100 clicks. But that's an estimate. Tomorrow if we are only paid for 50, 95, or 0 that's what we finalize the numbers on. Some of the other companies analyze every click and come up with a formula that determines if they will be paid or not, if the click meets a certain threshold they will pay you for the click. If it doesn't they don't pay you, but they may or may not get paid for it.

Yahoo tells you on a domain level what they paid you for.
One Google feed tells you on a domain level what you were paid for, but you have this little thing called smart pricing that reams your really hard. You can tell who has this, because they can go to a 1 click lander page.
Then you have the other Google feed which can't go to a 1 click, they can only go to a 2 click. In that case you only get one number for all domains per day. So in this case that company has to guesstimate what you will be paid. They hire people like me who have statistics degree to come up with formulas on whether you should or should not pay for a click and how much you should pay.

So now that this little lesson is over. It wasn't me who decided that your 19 clicks were not valid, it was in this case Yahoo. The advertisers weren't charged and neither you nor me received any revenue.

And I won't teach you about clickbots, some things I keep to myself.

Donny

T

tonyfloyd

thanks Donny.....maybe we get together over drinks and u can tell me about clickbots...:)

tony

T

tonyfloyd

thanks Donny.....maybe we get together over drinks and u can tell me about clickbots...:)

tony

tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom