Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked.com Live Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I previously mentioned that I would post the source of a Website Monitor for Parked.com.

However upon reflection and possible abuse scenarios, I will only be passing it out to a select few.

But that is not to say you can not all benefit. I have created a response page that you can simply call from your own software and it will return the server response in the following format

<response>Ok or Failed</response>
<responsetime>Time in Seconds</responsetime>

In the future I will only allow access to this on an approved IP basis, but for now you are free to make the most of it.

You can Simply call the script from http://typonames.com/sitecheck/index.php

Should you get a Failed response you can simply trigger a database update to ensure that your traffic is directed elsewhere so as you dont loose too much.

You could set up your own cron job to capture the response every 30 minutes and process it respectively or even trigger an email notification.

Comments appreciated.

(will be looking for mirror sites to host across the globe)

Believe it or not its 76 Lines of Code :-(

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands,

I can offer you mirror site if you want. Server located in Chicago, IL.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxo have sent you a PM.

Have now finished the database update script, works like a charm. So now if Parked were ever to go down. All my domains are automatically redirected to another program.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Will improve the notice script to cover all parking programs and output in XML format for easy querying.

Might even add some trend analysis. ;-)

notice to parked: the user agent I am using is aptly named 'namestrands 1.0.'

it calls your main PPC domain searchnut.com and not any parked domains, so no issues with stats. CRON job set to run every 20 minutes.
(its only a couple of bytes of data so no issues of bandwidth)

I have my own dedicated servers with a 115mb backbone connection and multiple redundants so I am willing to take the traffic load from other domainers until we can roll it out across mirrors in each continent. For Now Only our servers will make the connection every 20 minutes.

status will automatically update once server comes back on line.

I hope this is ok and you can appreciate its concept. Should you have any issues then please do not hesitate to let me know.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namestrands,
This like this are great if you ask me. I'll pm you a page that you hit that doesn't matter what your useragent is. It's on all of our servers, and it's what one of our testing systems uses.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent Thanks.. have updated to call your page.
(does this page query the database)

Hope all the other programs are as accommodating ;-)

perhaps we should ask if the other programs would supply a status page, as this will surely allow for better conversions for us domainers, and less upset for the parking programs.

We really should have our own sub forum for Parking program tools. :)

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know parked.com is not serving pages right now but your script is returning a status of OK.

To be effective you really need to check a domain and look for results on the page to make sure the XML feed is working correctly. I use a few bogus/test domains just for this purpose. Also worth a note is that some services use multiple feeds and you need to be creative enough to flex each feed to make sure it up.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disabled the script as we were just hit by a DDOS on one of our database clusters.

coming from cozumel.cyberations.net

wow our MS-SQL cluster was getting hammered their.

script back online.

parked is coming on an offline, looks like a DDOS.

cayars said:
To be effective you really need to check a domain and look for results on the page

we do wait for a 200 response or a redirect 301, 302.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting this back under control

But ouch, I wouldn't have posted that publically.

Hmm, can't help but ask, why are your SQL server machines/IPs available to the outside world? Nothing but your webservers and your client/office machines should even be able to access them. Actually all IPs and ports should be blocked unless there is a reason for it to be open.

You might want to rethink your firewall setup. I've been there and help a lot of companies with situations like this. If you want some free advice give me a call (24/7), you got my phone number. But get this closed up quickly. :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we have 14 ips and for what ever reason one was open on MS-SQL. Problem now patched and appropriate action taken. :)

I still say capital punishment middle east style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom