Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked.com - One visitor - 32 Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've asked this before but it needs to be put out there again...

Why is that some parking companies will pay you for your multiple clicks while others never do? For instance yesterday someone (there was only one visitor to this particular low traffic domain this past week) clicked 60+ ads for which Parked and their feed providers paid me for 32 total clicks. Thanks parked - you rock.

So why is that one company does this routinely, while others never do. I use four different parking providers currently. Parked always pays for multiple clicks from the same user, sometimes leading to domains having 100%+ CTR. While another doesn't show the number of total clicks, but clearly counts them, and two others still I have never ever seen 1 unique and multiple clicks. NEVER.

So where do these extra clicks go? No need to answer, the answer is pretty obvious, but there we are. And some wonder why people are looking for alternatives to domain parking!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, it most likely was a search engine spider that clicked all those links trying to map your site since they think parked.com pages are real websites (they are set up like that) parked.com's policy is.. if they get paid, you get paid.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I had one of these as well, 1 visit and 20 clicks. Parked ended paying 1/3 of the estimates.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This almost always happens a few days after I add a new domain to parked.com, it's google usually clicking the ads and for some reason yahoo pays for it lol

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude, it most likely was a search engine spider that clicked all those links trying to map your site since they think parked.com pages are real websites (they are set up like that) parked.com's policy is.. if they get paid, you get paid.

On some of these they show no referrer information, but many appear to be real people finding the domains from existing links, or search engine searches.

But this still doesn't address why two particular parking companies have never paid for more than one. One account has been open for more than a year now, and there is no possible way that out of thousands of visitors, and thousands of clicks that not one single person ever clicked more than one at a time. It's impossible!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crazy stuff. Parked look like they'll come to an impasse on the basis of bot clicks. And I was thinking of moving all my domains to them today. Made a conscious decision to minisite all my domains today.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the reason the others don't pay you is because they suck a$$ and take your clicks

Also, the possibility exists that one or two people did go on a click spree..I am just guessing it was a bot

Dale, parked.com is a wonderful place to be...if you have not tried them you don't know how good parking can be..my whole business model has changed based on the much better revenue from them..many domains do WAAAAAY better than anywhere else and many get over 100% CTR since you can really pimp out the pages..

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris, I was absolutely persuaded in chat the other night to move all my stuff to Parked. However, I did a comparison on one name with ND -v- the minisite I made, and my minisite was up 400% - so I'm gradually building minisites. I've got it templated now where I can do ten a day with original copy - so I'll be done in about 70 days to go full-time :-( Ask Don - he remarked that I'd pledged them all to Sedo. Sedo is fine for selling but not for revenue IMHO. Minisites and original copy is where it's at IMHO.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it's been some time since I've seen one that wild on Parked but monthly I see more clicks than visitors across a number of domains there.

EDIT - and I'm dyslexic or something because I just double checked and they actually paid me for 61 clicks!

I've got it templated now where I can do ten a day with original copy - so I'll be done in about 70 days to go full-time :-( Minisites and original copy is where it's at IMHO.

10 a day! I thought I was a machine at a few a day! May I ask how many pages average per you are making?

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is so great about parked? I tried them and got very low CTR, and low CPC, the pages are some of the ugliest in the industry and pimp what out?

Yes you can change keyword sets, but not individual keywords (unless that has changed) The multiple clicks are nice and the getting paid every two weeks is great. But the money was down over all for me.

So what is is you like about them that makes them so great?

the reason the others don't pay you is because they suck a$$ and take your clicks

Also, the possibility exists that one or two people did go on a click spree..I am just guessing it was a bot

Dale, parked.com is a wonderful place to be...if you have not tried them you don't know how good parking can be..my whole business model has changed based on the much better revenue from them..many domains do WAAAAAY better than anywhere else and many get over 100% CTR since you can really pimp out the pages..

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the minisite I made, and my minisite was up 400% - so I'm gradually building minisites.

aZooZa, What exactly is a minisite? Can you post or PM me a link to an example?....Thanks ;)

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to also see what's special about the appearance of Parked Domains :shy:

Anyone with a few examples please?? :smilewinkgrin:

aZooZa, What exactly is a minisite? Can you post or PM me a link to an example?....Thanks ;)

Me too please aZooZa :yes:

Thankyou :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom