Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked.com Visitors/404's/Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a new domain today, few hours after having it parked with parked.com, I have received "21" visitors, "44" searches and "85" 404 visitors.

I wanted to know, if I sell the domain, should I count all these visitors together as 150 visitors, or just 21 visitor?

Thanks,
Simonas.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I believe 85 + 21 would be the correct answer.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a new domain today, few hours after having it parked with parked.com, I have received "21" visitors, "44" searches and "85" 404 visitors.

I wanted to know, if I sell the domain, should I count all these visitors together as 150 visitors, or just 21 visitor?

Thanks,
Simonas.

if there were no "404's" then how many visitors would you have?

as that is the number i would be interested in.

but it's best to just provide a screenshot to let the buyer make an informative decision.

imo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, 404's are visitors. Parked simply counts them separately and for good reason. But if one set up their own DNS and captured all 404's pointing them to the main page, they'd be visitors.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if there were no "404's" then how many visitors would you have?

as that is the number i would be interested in.

but it's best to just provide a screenshot to let the buyer make an informative decision.

imo...

Here is how it looks right now.

park.png

* There would be 74 visitors at the time. But I'm not sure about how much time parked is collecting information. But really not longer then 6 hours. Also it shows 677 sites linking in at Alexa.com.

Don, 404's are visitors. Parked simply counts them separately and for good reason. But if one set up their own DNS and captured all 404's pointing them to the main page, they'd be visitors.

This is I have tought too, You mean if domain DNS would be "Forwarding"? :)

What's about the worth of traffic domain names like this one?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you had a lot of 404's (hundreds at least) there's a chance they are missing files such as images. The numbers shown here are quite small. So it's not really worth the hassle of setting up hosting to capture the 404's and forward them via .htaccess to the homepage. Since you have zero clicks, it seems that this domain's traffic is rather poor. Try different keywords or add custom content.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it might be that stats are only from last ~3 hours, so it will be a nice amount in 24 hours range.

How do You think, could I expect any clicks if I would use another parking website, such as Sedo or Above? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom