Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

parked domain - hundreds of visitors and no clicks - advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have an expired mesothelioma domain with traffic that i picked up some months ago. i've tested it at 3 different parking providers, its gotten hundreds of uniques and 0 clicks over this time, regardless of where i parked it. first, what would you postulate is the most likely reason for this? secondly, given your best estimate of this reality, what steps do you take to change it for the better? thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be bot traffic.
Perhaps the domain has an unsavory past, with lots of spam backlinks in blogs and forums.

The best is to host the domain yourself and look at the webserver logs, or use a statcounter service to find out more about the traffic.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. my thought is that parking companies don't display bad traffic in your stats. anyone confirm this? for example, Above.com shows two separate columns for traffic, one for 'hits' and another for 'uniques'. 'hits' represents total traffic including humans and bots/crawlers/etc. uniques represents only humans, (i.e. - traffic that 'counts'). when i said the domain got hundreds visits, i mean uniques, not hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom