Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked Domains Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the best place is to keep your domains? I have abour 60 that I need to park. Possibly selling a few down the road and buying more. Where do most people prefer to keep theres?

AND

How about the companies that offer click throughs? I've been offered to put all my domains with a company who will pay me 50% a click through.

Thanks,
Monie8

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
many options available, depending on your needs.
You can get a shared server and host them there with a for sale page If you want to sell right away and no interest in PPC.

Otherwise, sedo, afternic and a few others will all do.
Some of the better ones I am now considering, require a larger number of domains and traffic though.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I pretty much park my domains at my site now days. I suggest you do that if you can. PM me if you would like to see an example.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Darren, have you seen advantages parking them at your own server over sedo/afternic/etc... ?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use trafficz.com who originally asked for 50 names.

Their payouts aren't particularly high, but they have the for sale sign/box from which I get almost all my sales enquiries these days.

I find their stats very useful for assessing domains, both regarding PPC income and for visitor numbers when deciding asking price for domains.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you go with lets say trafffics, then do you pay if you ever want to transfer back into one of the registars like enom? Or am I confused here?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're confused :)

Trafficz.com are independant of registrars. You stay with your registrar and just change the DNS (Name Server) to trafficz.com.

You can change one or more names to a different parking program and back again if you want to, e.g. to sedo. You don't need to change registrar to do this, just DNS (or for some parking programs you have to actually set up redirection to a specific URL.

Hope that clarifies a bit.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks...it must be this HOT california weather we are having today (haha)

or maybe I'm getting brain dead from thinking about domain names (haha)!

Monie8 :blush:

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monie,

I have a website, PPCIncome.com , that compares the different pay-per-click services. PPC is definitely the best way to park your pages, as you can derive income from the names. Basically, I am collecting enough PPC income that it covers all of my renewal fees each month. This brings my carrying cost to zero. Plus, it has allowed me to learn which of my domains are really valuable in terms of their traffic and why. There is a lot to learn.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
skylight said:
Yeah. Park your domains with PPC provider that also have Site for Sale sign.

hmm.. I am just about ready to beta test some parking software, and I debated this. Sometimes I just want to park a domain I have later plans for and do not really want to sell. Also, with tm issue sites, you may not want to do this. So would an optional Site for sale sign be best?

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
hmm.. I am just about ready to beta test some parking software, and I debated this. Sometimes I just want to park a domain I have later plans for and do not really want to sell. Also, with tm issue sites, you may not want to do this. So would an optional Site for sale sign be best?

Fabulous.
You have the options to put site for sale.
They also have many different revenue program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom