Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parked Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't log on to Parked, and any domains I have parked with them are not resolving. Anyone else having problems?

avp

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still having the same problems.....lost revenue

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My revenue went down than ever for two days now, I don't know if this is due to that issue

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't responded, I was traveling back from DomainFest. I did look at the numbers from visitors, clicks, and revenue and we were exactly (+-1%) than last week for Friday and Saturday. I have a message into our upstream providers and our network operations teams to see if they knew of any problem that I can't see via our graphs. If you couldn't get to parked.com or your parked domains then it was definitely a routing issues because those two systems are on completely different areas in our data center and they don't even talk to each other.

We are checking and if I find anything out, I will let you know.

Donny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you couldn't get to parked.com or your parked domains then it was definitely a routing issues because those two systems are on completely different areas in our data center and they don't even talk to each other.

We are checking and if I find anything out, I will let you know.

Donny

Anything you found out?

I found out this one from my side
I real don't know how "routing of two systems " works but what I know
there is a some issues with domain not resolving

I have been testing it for days and what I found when you request the parked domains for the first time it does not give you any page so basically it show that the site is down and when you try the second time it took long time to load and then when you try the third time it Load normally

This is make us loss a lot of revenue as when someone come on the domain and found down I think they will try two or three time to see the domain

I real think there is BIG issue here , I tested it a lot and that is the way it is and sometime it happen with parked.com too

I don't say it happen every time but most of the time

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just did a test by pulling up domains for the first time in our system and domains that are not in our system. And yes, it should take a little longer the first time the domain ever gets a hit, but it should NEVER timeout. The 25 domains I just ran all came back in less than a second each. And I'm about 1000 miles from our servers right now.

Can you do a traceroute to parked.com and one of your domains and PM it to me. That would definitely help.

I did have 3 phone calls with some of our router guys and our upstream providers yesterday and all claim that they have not had any problems since the first of the month. And it is hard to argue with them right now since yesterday we had our best day in over a month. Everything was up across the board.

But please send me a traceroute to parked.com and your domain and your ip you are coming from as well if possible.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be able to shed some light on this.. From our Servers in the UK we poll the 4 main Programs every 10 minutes. and here are the results for the last 48 hours

1 namedrive 2007-02-04 04:10:20
2 namedrive 2007-02-05 18:00:22
3 trafficz 2007-02-06 00:30:20
4 parked 2007-02-06 00:30:41
5 parked 2007-02-06 09:10:20
6 namedrive 2007-02-06 11:20:20
7 parked 2007-02-06 15:50:19
8 parked 2007-02-06 16:00:17

All times recorded as not being able to poll a server. All times in GMT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But please send me a traceroute to parked.com and your domain and your ip you are coming from as well if possible.

Donny

Thanks for quick reply , honestly that is too tech for me , what I know is the blood domain does not come up when I request it at first time

And I real don't know what to do to get those info

But I am still getting same probleam, the site does not come up for the first time and then the second time is slow and after that works ok, so now when I try the site which I tested few hours ago they work fine
And yes, it should take a little longer the first time the domain ever gets a hit, but it should NEVER timeout. Donny
Is this means first time in 24 hours or First time ever?

As I say after having all those issues after I tried the domain in few hours it work fine, Please advice in that , that mean if its first time every 24 hours so we have to loss almost three request per domain per day is that right?
What I mean three request, is the first request when user come for the first time they get time out, and then another user come in and it load so slow and they move on and the third user when come it start to work fine, Is this what it is? Please advice

avp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Currently Parked.com times out, and my most active domains time out.

avp

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm working with a bunch of different people right now. Is anybody having any issues right now?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I was never sent an email by dnforum telling me there were other posts.

Donny

avp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can now access Parked and my domains are resolving.

avp

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mine is completly down now, cant get on at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom