Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick823

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After just a day and a half of using Parked, I think I am going to move away from them. The "Estimated Revenue" feature is just broken, and the actualy RPC that one earns seems lower than average (for me).

I noticed a Parked "penalty" in their estimates as the number of clicks I got went up. So the first 20 clicks was .18, the next 20 clicks brought the average down to 12 cents, and so on. For example if my total revenue shows $7, and for the next 2 hours I dont get any clicks, it stays at $7. But then the next hour if 10 more clicks accrue, the total revenue drops to to $4.00. Its counter-intuitive, and especially disheartening that what was once showing up as .34 cents per click ends up at .02 cents.

As far as turning off the estimates, it then becomes impossible to monitor your clicks throughout the day and determine how traffic is spread out across the day.

Oh well...

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes our estimate system about 3-5 days to completely understand how your traffic pays. It's all based on a formula.

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a very frustrating part of parked (seeing your revenue drop down sometimes) but I've noticed my domains make a lot more (even after the "adjustment") is still better than the other parking companies I've used in the past.

Rick823

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand there's a formula. I just have a problem with the formula adjusting my revenue based on clicks -- it should be based on actual information coming from the ad provider. After my first post, I received 4 more clicks, at the same time my RPC went down by .01, and my total revenue declined. Something in the algorithm takes into account the number of clicks you receive.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick - The formula which estimates what you will be paid is based on clicks. Every 15 minutes we estimate your revenue, if you have any clicks. The estimates are based on past historical information we have on your domain + account and if we don't have any historical information on an account level we use parked itself. Ad providers such as Yahoo and Google do not provide RPC information until the revenue is finalized.

Donny

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand there's a formula. I just have a problem with the formula adjusting my revenue based on clicks -- it should be based on actual information coming from the ad provider. After my first post, I received 4 more clicks, at the same time my RPC went down by .01, and my total revenue declined. Something in the algorithm takes into account the number of clicks you receive.

Would you rather not have estimates at all? Hang with them, they're the one of the best out there for parking.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Donny, my revenue yesterday suddenly went down from $16 to $2.49! I'm guessing it's because of a new domain I parked there...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not the fault of Parked, it's Yahoo that needs to be yelled at. Otherwise, Parked has a ton of intelligent templates and various ways to improve your revenue. I'd say, a day is not enough to decide if it works for you, a month is needed at least.

jwinston

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to add that the RPC for you account and domains is not a constant. Over the course of the day your rpc may go up or down. If you get on click in the morning at $1 and one click later on in the day for $0.50 your average RPC will drop.

James Winston
parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom