Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked revenue is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my parked revenue has increased for the past several days. anyone else see the same thing ?

wonder if this has anything to do with Google getting into domain business

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
parked.com always has good revenue..they are the best

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree, but there is a noticeable spike

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe it's your traffic or niche...mine is going steady at parked...they are very steady - in a good way....

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They last part of December historically is prety low as far as revenue. I would normally say about 20% less than other months. The first part of the month was on par with other months. But the second half of December should be lower, at least based on the last 5 years we have numbers on.

Donny

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand about parked is the decrease in clicks every time I switch back. I have a couple of names that get 4-5 clicks each per day at ND (the ppc is pretty low, however) but when I move them over to parked I get 0 clicks...

Must be the landers, as the keywords are the same... :?:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Peter,
Without going into details of your specific domains, because I don't like to do that on a forum. But you are comparing a 2 click domain that you have changed to a completely different topic to a NameDrive 1 click page, that even though you recommend to them a keyword doesn't mean that's what they are going to use. So I am assuming that they will probably have results for the recommended keyword and the original domain keyword as well. So I can see how in cases like yours and a few others where a Google based provider should beat parked.

Now if you had the real domain keyword set and their were advertisers for that keyword (in your case there is), I think we would beat NameDrive in most cases.

Another example is if you have a domain that means absolutely nothing most 2 and 3 letter domains. Those in most cases would do better on a Google feed as it's why I call "crap traffic".

Donny

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Peter,
Without going into details of your specific domains, because I don't like to do that on a forum. But you are comparing a 2 click domain that you have changed to a completely different topic to a NameDrive 1 click page, that even though you recommend to them a keyword doesn't mean that's what they are going to use. So I am assuming that they will probably have results for the recommended keyword and the original domain keyword as well. So I can see how in cases like yours and a few others where a Google based provider should beat parked.

Now if you had the real domain keyword set and their were advertisers for that keyword (in your case there is), I think we would beat NameDrive in most cases.

Another example is if you have a domain that means absolutely nothing most 2 and 3 letter domains. Those in most cases would do better on a Google feed as it's why I call "crap traffic".

Donny

Thanks for the explanation...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are stats looking to everyone today? Lower than normal click % wise or ????

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus - Until the 26th, the revenue will be very bad. It's like this every year. The 15th thru the 25th basically suck big time.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't say that revenue ever sucks at parked :smile:
...it's at least semi-decent but the click through on a few names seems abnormally low today and nothing has "changed" with them, traffic the same, advertisers the same....thought maybe stats are behind or something...just seems way off on a few, thats all...but it is definitely good to set expectations properly for the two worst days in ppc..unless of course you own "ChristmasDay.com" or something lol

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My stats recently have been the worst ever over so many consecutive days. Not convinced it is due to Christmas because in past years I do not recall auch declines. In fact, Dec 19-21 were the 3 worst consecutive days I ever recall having (not just at parked.com but others too including parked) going back several years (based on similar sites and similar traffic at various providers).

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you pull up your historical data from previous years, you will see how much everything drops. For example, we have found and I posted this a few months ago as well, but December is about 10% lower than every other month, then the 15th thru the 25th is about 30% less than normal. Then everything picks back up on the 26th and then again after all of the kiddies go back to school.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom