Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked "Search" questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few of domains that get several hundred visitors a day, several that get between 50 and 100, and countless that get 25-50 but no CTR or PPC.

I have exhausted keywords and metatagging possibilities.

I no longer see a NameDrive Search Only option. This used to give very detailed feedback on what the visitor was searching for. Sedo's search lander is horrid looking.

Parked has a very nice looking Search Portal.

Does this provide detailed stats at what the visitor is searching for, where from, etc?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried using the parked search portal with several names some time ago where I did not know how traffic was arriving but had little success with it. That was because parked.com did not give me access to the referrer logs but instead needed to open a supt ticket and ask for the data. Still not too helpful because they either told me there was insuffcient data to give results (which was not correct since there was traffic), or else they would only give bare minimum and sparse referrer log information which was of little if any help.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried using the parked search portal with several names some time ago where I did not know how traffic was arriving but had little success with it. That was because parked.com did not give me access to the referrer logs but instead needed to open a supt ticket and ask for the data. Still not too helpful because they either told me there was insuffcient data to give results (which was not correct since there was traffic), or else they would only give bare minimum and sparse referrer log information which was of little if any help.
Not reassuring at all.

Any other options?

NameDrive's option was awesome. Unless they have renamed it, I can not find their search template.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc

you'll find that info here:

https://www.namedrive.com/domain/Overview

just click on the domain of interest to see all stats, including "optimization", "user searches", "traffic origins" and "setting history"

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc

you'll find that info here:

https://www.namedrive.com/domain/Overview

just click on the domain of interest to see all stats, including "optimization", "user searches", "traffic origins" and "setting history"

Hi Don, That does not help me because of a need to know the "why" as to why they typedin the url? I don't care about optimization, traffic origins (which in fact look very random looking - sites, domains and IP's), and settings.

Fo example, I have a traffic name with 10,000 uniques/mo but 99% is from typeins and literally just a few by search with only a couple search terms of no real value since the sample size is so small and the few search results could easily be an insignificant reason they landed on the page and not related to the main reason it gets typedins.

I once signed up for a survey service on the page where you ask the visitor to fill out a form and tell you what they are seeking but the problem was virtually no one bothered to do it.

Can you suggest something else?

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I once signed up for a survey service on the page where you ask the visitor to fill out a form and tell you what they are seeking but the problem was virtually no one bothered to do it.
I created this type of page myself and the results were incredible.

The domain was ymii dot com, very high traffic, no conversion.

All search results went directly to me via email.

The results ended up being Virtual Assistant/Virtual Office. YMII is an acronym for Your Man In India - a virtual assistant.

Since entering that as my keyword (Virtual Assistant), that domain has repeatedly done over $200 per/month.

Its pretty cool going from $0.00 to $250.00+ in a month.

I would gladly do it now but my list of domains to do this is well over 200. It is time consuming which I am somewhat short on.

g

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I created this type of page myself and the results were incredible.

The domain was ymii dot com, very high traffic, no conversion.

All search results went directly to me via email.

The results ended up being Virtual Assistant/Virtual Office. YMII is an acronym for Your Man In India - a virtual assistant.

Since entering that as my keyword (Virtual Assistant), that domain has repeatedly done over $200 per/month.

Its pretty cool going from $0.00 to $250.00+ in a month.

I would gladly do it now but my list of domains to do this is well over 200. It is time consuming which I am somewhat short on.

g

Congrats on doing that so well.

Can I impose on you to show me how you did that as far as the survey page goes?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on doing that so well.

Can I impose on you to show me how you did that as far as the survey page goes?
I'll have to try and find my templates I made.

It was easier with a GoDaddy name. You get a free site builder with each name.

Those that were not at GoDaddy - I could still use by using an alias and redirecting to a name that was a godaddy. The URL in the browser was not the domain being searched for but the lander was name specific, if all of that makes any sense.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't need a template and was only wondering how you worded it so cleverly to get responses since when I tried a survey the reply rate was almost zero %. with a few worthless replies out of tens of 1000s visits.
Basically, something like this:

Large Magnifying glass
search box (results sent directly to your email inbox)

In order to serve you better, please tell us what you are looking for

I had this question phrased in about a dozen languages.

I looked at all the results, compiled them and basically determined which were legit searches. Having an abundance of the same queries helped greatly.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Offer to compensate them for their replies...people love paypal money lol

Only costs a few bucks to get answers!

Of course, a decent amount of research on google usually will answer all your questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom