Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

parked vs just making a one page site

Status
Not open for further replies.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have lot of domains at parked
got 150 users no clicks (yesterday)

if I just make up pages like in desichoice.net with yahoo ads would that fetch more?

What are the legal issues or of that type of issues if I just make sites that have all my domains.

Edit:

Pleaese forgive me if this sound I am complaining about parked.
It is not that way. (They my current parking comapny - so, I am comaring with them)

I have too many domains but could not get even a single payment from any parking company sofar. (about 1000 domains)
currently have about 320 with parked.

mods: Please move the thread to an appropriate section if this does not fit here.

Thanks

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read your post 3 times and have no idea what you are asking.

#1 with yahoo ads would that fetch more!
-Is that suppose to be a question mark instead of exclamation point?
-if that is a question mark, then the answer is most likely no, you will not make more money. If you don't believe it, try it out.

#2What are the legal issues or of that type of issues if I just make sites that have all my domains.
-What does this have anything to do with parked.com?
-What kind of legal issues are you talking about? With yahoo, parked, or typo squatting legal issues?
-Why would make a page with whole bunch of names give any type of legal issues? Or do you mean term of service issues with yahoo/parked?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I understand what you are asking. Theoretically, you should make more because you cut out the middleman (parking company). This could be worthwhile if you have keyword targeted domains, as this alone should serve related ads. However if you don't, this could be a problem as the content won't serve relevant ads, so your CTR will be very poor.

PS. I don't think it's very professional singling out a specific parking company. You could have posted this in a different forum.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no issue what soever with Parked.

-- Parked is one the best out there. I like their service - Love their templates

I mentioned them as they are my current parking company.

have one domain at sedo vs 320 or so domains with parked.

I am only trying to find ways to make some money with my domains

digitalfog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I understand what Stock Post is asking. Some of us have domains that just are not well suited for parking. They may be nonsense names, or variations on meanings that only the owner understands. :yes: Therefore, it's a rare day that someone actually types in the domain name into their address bar. And if they do, what are they really looking for?

So, to answer your question - Yes! Developing a problematic domain name is almost always a beneficial thing to do. It can be a simple one-pager - with just one ad - or of course - you can go wild and make it a huge site.

One of our examples is bonq.com. bonQ.com was parked for a while at another parking company and produced about 3 cents. :asleep: I decided to put a silly "troubleshooting an hp printer video" on the site a few years ago and it began generating a $xx to $xxx monthly revenue. Since that time, we never hesitate to "develop" assets that just don't fit the parking model.

Good luck!

DDC_Cyn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of our examples is bonq.com. bonQ.com was parked for a while at another parking company and produced about 3 cents. :asleep: I decided to put a silly "troubleshooting an hp printer video" on the site a few years ago and it began generating a $xx to $xxx monthly revenue. Since that time, we never hesitate to "develop" assets that just don't fit the parking model.

Good luck!

This is a great example of thinking out of the box. What have you got to lose on a domain that's not making any money. If you can load in some content that will get the search engines interested you've got a shot.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most of my domains that i am parking are LLLL.com which I am not planning on selling at this time. + some two or three word real estate, insurance and loan related domains.

for some of the domains, I paid between $300 to $400 thought they were good. (most others were bought under $50.00)

May be I am missing something.

Will stop buying the domains and start looking to get atleast rig fee..

I do have other sites that make me $300 to $1000 on YPN ads.
(yes the amout vary every month)

It may take years before I put some page on each of my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom