Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked with youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How to add youtube to your parked pages?

Thanks in advance.

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have never done it but it seems like if you copy and paste the link found on the YouTube page near upper right area into the content area at bottom of your parked page it should work.

The problem with adding content is the more noticeable your content is the more your CTR and earnings decline, and what could be more distracting than YouTube. The best CTR is in all likelihood from pages with no content.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to add a movie go to costom content - click on the strange looking f button ( flash) next to the review buttom - window will popup - enter (complete address)tube code in top area [Flash-File (.swf)] - the px by px area should fill in by itself if not look at the code and take (copy and paste) the code in the px area . - click insert - finshed - enjoy to movie !

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something. I don't see any buttons like that on Parked's interface.
All I see is the ability to change a couple of images.
Could you post an example site with this feature?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the custom content section on the edit page. It's all the awy down on the left hand side.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier I made it sound like it must be easy but far from it after many tries I could not do it. One problem is when you copy the youtube embed code into the flash area it is not an .swf file extension and there is a lot of other extra code in the embed link.

For example, here is the embed code I copied and inserted which did not work (odd thing is it does in fact work if inserted exactly as below into a webpage on one of my non-parked minisites).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/khyZ43nl4Dg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/khyZ43nl4Dg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

P.S. On a different issue, even if trying to put a regular url link up in the parked content area for some odd reason the link icon is usually grayed out and can't be used. Why is that?

Last edited:

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pretty easy : gape1.com

same thing with myspace videos : missmaggies.com

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else have trouble getting YouTube videos to load on Parked sites? Adding them is easy but when the pages load the videos do not show-up?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Content seems to lower clicks by about 10-15% on higher traffic names but the long term cumulative effects can most times build/grow more traffic for generic names imo. (if you add decent original content and not just a wikipedia copy & paste lol)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Donny.

I successfully added it here

P.S. In your opinion does that kind of content lower CTR as believed? If yes, are the benefits in general of content worth more than lower CTRs?

The youtube only worked for a short time but later stopped working and there is a big white space at bottom where the video was before.

In addition, the page now hangs up.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The youtube only worked for a short time but later stopped working and there is a big white space at bottom where the video was before.

The video works fine for me.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - I see what you saw that it didn't work. I fixed it on my end and I'll see if we can replicate the issue.

Donny

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Donny, while we're on the subject I am having a problem with mine as well. I would like to put in a flash banner and am unable to do so. it comes out a bit screwy because its a bit more code than just a regular flash movie (its flash embedded in a banner graphic). any idea? Thanks

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send/Show me an example of what you are trying to do.

Donny

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

That's exactly what I was getting. The page would hang-up and not fully load.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom