Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking a name with Parked.com or making an adsense page

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have always traded in domains but on quick profits so I have very little understanding of Parking a name. I did a Sedo a few time and would make $30-$40 every so often.

A friend of mine has a template that works with my adsense account to upload on my sites. Is it better to use adsense or parked.com?

Robert

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All depends on the keywords, etc. I would test each out for a week and see what your earnings are.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Self parking generally gives you a higher rate of return because
1) You can optimize the page for search engines (which a lot of parking companies do not allow)
2) You can specifically target ads, not just by keywords
3) You eliminate the middle-man (you take all of what Google or the feed pays as opposed to a cut of what they pay the parking company

But, there are some downfalls of having adsense (self parking):
1) It can be a lot more work, parking with a company is a lot less work
2) You'll be scrutinized more by Google, you need to have some relevant content and not just adsense or else Google may ban your account
3) You need to pay for hosting (or get your own)

Like many things, what you put into it will directly affect what you get out of it. JDK does have a good idea but IMO a week isn't a good way to see how they'll go, I'd say a month on each (minimum of two weeks) and if you decide to go with parking, try several companies.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a larger server, So would I be better off taking each name a designing a page for each and inserting some adsense ads? Though I have about 500 domains to park right now. How relevant would I need to make the page? I get good traffic on a domain like 1-702.com b/c its the area code for vegas. Would I need to build a mini site? Also, would the search engine tools by the parking company be better then if I just rushed something up in html and entered in good keywords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom