Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parking companies and traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoglee007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do parking companies drive traffic to our domains? If so, how? If not, how does traffic find our domains?

Since we are not allowed to drive traffic to our domains ourselves, search engines don't index parked pages and most of us don't have premium, generic/type-in domains how does traffic find our domains?

Thanks.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When people type the domain name in the browser's navigation bar, then you have traffic. If your domain sucks, no people will ever type it in and you will never get traffic. If your domain name is generic, representing a popular phrase or something that makes sense (like carloans.com for example) it will get traffic. The traffic that is generated by people typing in the domain in the navigation bar is referred to as "type-in traffic".

You can also get "backlink traffic"(websites linking to your domain name), or "expired traffic" (if the domain name used to belong to a website that was taken down and keeps getting traffic from people who are still looking for that website)

hope this answers your question

oh and to answer your first question, parking companies do not drive traffic to domain names

bigdoglee007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
South, your parked domains that are indexed do they have content or are they just parked with ad links?

What do you all think of WhyPark? Since they provide fresh content, in theory, domains stand a better change of being indexed. However, with the duplicate content issue many domains are not. How do you all feel about WhyPark and do any of you have domains parked with them.

Thanks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By adding relevant custom content to your parked pages that content can get indexed in the SE's. Has worked for me. That indexing may in-effect have an end-result in traffic by virtue of the contents SEO impact with the serp's etc but I would necessarily call it "driving traffic" (which is different).

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both, but mostly just standard landers.

Edit: However, when I see a name getting good traffic / hits / ranking, I tend to build a site / page for it, and put adsense or affiliate links up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom