Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking companies with referral programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeropark.com

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any parking companies offer transparent referral programs?

ie. I refer a domainer who signs up with them and then get paid a x% commission on the revenue he generates?

Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most of the long standing ppc companies have referral or affiliate programs

s e do

nd
doman sponsor

parked used to

etc.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my thoughts are start with the company you want to park with first ...ask them

I would think most would have something.

zeropark.com

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some info from anyone that successfully referred someone and makes money from that.

I've only heard about how parking companies that offer a referral programs 'cheat' the referrers out of the real commissions.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some info from anyone that successfully referred someone and makes money from that.

I've only heard about how parking companies that offer a referral programs 'cheat' the referrers out of the real commissions.

maybe you only hear, what you wanna hear

cuz you never asked if anyone referred someone and if they were or were not getting paid for that referral.

some how i sense this is a set-up for ....

zeropark.com

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe you only hear, what you wanna hear

cuz you never asked if anyone referred someone and if they were or were not getting paid for that referral.

some how i sense this is a set-up for ....

No hidden agenda here. I'm trying to gauge if referral programs are something people actively use in the domain industry/parking. I got info about the lack of transparency in existing referral programs from the owner of a reputable parking company who decided against having one on his platform.

Saw that Domain Sponsor offers up to 10% but very little info is publicly available suggesting to me they try not to rely on their affiliate programs to drive new domainer signups.

I know margins are slim in parking so it's a delicate balance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No hidden agenda here. I'm trying to gauge if referral programs are something people actively use in the domain industry/parking. I got info about the lack of transparency in existing referral programs from the owner of a reputable parking company who decided against having one on his platform.

Saw that Domain Sponsor offers up to 10% but very little info is publicly available suggesting to me they try not to rely on their affiliate programs to drive new domainer signups.

I know margins are slim in parking so it's a delicate balance.

glad there's no agenda

still, if you want to guage something, perhaps phrase the questions in such a way to get true responses, without painting negatively on intro.

if the owner of a ppc doesn't offer a rp, then either they plan to share more with user base or keep more for themselves.

the payouts from referrals is more indicative of the "quality and/or traffic of the domains" owned by the person you referred
and therefore, "transparency" may or may not be a factor.

a sense of "honesty" on the part of the ppc service is the primary concern of the basic user, even before they refer another.

as they want to be sure they will get paid... first, and that they get paid consistently second, and that epc is close to, above or consistent with other ppc services.

place like ds scrutinize submissions more than others, which keeps quality higher

sometimes more is less, when it effects the total.

:)

zeropark.com

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the insight - I did phrase my question poorly, my bad.

In the case of the a fore mentioned parking company which decided against a rp - they are known to share a very competitive % of Google $ - so you're right it's a notable trade-off.

There's a lot of posts from 5+ years ago on the topic of referral programs at various parking companies, seems they've dropped in popularity in general. I suppose that's a direct result of competing on rev share % with some parking companies sometimes even paying out close to 100% of what they get from Google just to retain a domainer.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as ppc rev starting shrinking it became less of an option for many, so too... did referrals to those companies

back in 06/07 when parked.com was hot, everybody was trying to get folks under them

so that could explain the lower interest in or the demand for rp's at providers who don't have them.

if you look round the forums, you'll see threads like "ppc is dead", then too, you may see threads that say "ppc, still live and kicking"

we all float in different boats ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom