Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking: does it earn decent money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerrit

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As posted in the other forum (appraisal forum) I have a 3character .eu name for which I received an offer of 285 euro. As I don't know if .eu will be more popular in the future, I doubt to accept the offer or not. It could drop value, but who knows .eu will grow and the domain may sell for much more money in the future?

While doubting if I should accept the offer, I also thought of the option of parking it. That way I could make some money out of it without losing the domain, and still able to sell it later.

But does parking earn you a decent amount, and which parking site is best (sedo.com??) ?

Or does parking never earn too much money, so that I would better just sell or wait for better offers?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking only earns you money if you have decent type-in traffic. In general, parking companies don't allow to drive artificial traffic to parked domains. Unless you own sex.eu or pay.eu I don't expect any three character .eu to have decent natural traffic. Parking in general is good for true generics and strong typo's but not for 3 character domains.

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, your domain must have a type-in traffic or if there was a site on that domain, you can park and monetize its traffic but of course it's traffic is temporary. As leo said, if your 3 letter is not a generic domain, you can't earn much from parking. If your domain is something like that, then you can try Bodis.Com (which pays the %100 percent of the revenue). Also there are several other parking systems. Good luck.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't have time to develop a domain name, then parking can be a good option. I suggest that you keep the name (look at it like an asset) and try a number of parking companies. Hope this helps.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
parking is temporary....until u develop...develop....develop...:)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If your domain is something like that, then you can try Bodis.Com (which pays the %100 percent of the revenue). Also there are several other parking systems. Good luck.

Anyone who thinks Bodis or any other Parking service for that matter pays100%, is living in la-la land.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a few domains, then Sedo or Parked (minimum 10 domains) are good. As others have said, you need traffic to earn through parking.

But does parking earn you a decent amount, and which parking site is best (sedo.com??) ? Or does parking never earn too much money, so that I would better just sell or wait for better offers?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Self parking is the best way to go. You develop a mini-site with good (and relevant) content and fill it up with ads (AdSense, Yahoo etc..).

The nice thing is that you have 100% control over the site and more earnings per click than you would with a parking company. You don't need to start off with anything huge, just 3-5 pages and if traffic comes, then expand. If not, re-work your SEO and maybe even the whole site.

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Self parking is the best way to go. You develop a mini-site with good (and relevant) content and fill it up with ads (AdSense, Yahoo etc..).

The nice thing is that you have 100% control over the site and more earnings per click than you would with a parking company. You don't need to start off with anything huge, just 3-5 pages and if traffic comes, then expand. If not, re-work your SEO and maybe even the whole site.

Great answer draggar. However, how much can I earn per month by setting up ads by myself? I have around 12 domains.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great answer draggar. However, how much can I earn per month by setting up ads by myself? I have around 12 domains.

That all depends. One site I just started is on track to make about $1 this month. No, not much, but I have complete control over SEO so I can have search engines find the site. I'm looking for templates and turnkeys to help with a couple of other sites if I can make the same, then I'd be content for now.

Also, $1 a month over $12 months, that's a reg fee plus a few bucks and the site has only been up a month (not bad for a simple template with 2 pages of content and one page of Amazon.com links). I'm looking to expand this site to include a few more pages.

It's also not how much, but with self parking you keep a much higher percentage of the ad revenue. Parking at a company may only give you $0.50 a click (round number, all dependson the keywords), but self parking might get $1.25 a click for the same keywords (I'm not getting that with this site right now, BTW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom