Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking .mobi domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Fredo,
If you look at our pages from a PDA, then they should all appear frine as they are. I'd recommend the Default templates as they are more basic than other templates.
Ed

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tried using default pages ... keep getting

"Error...sorry page cannot be displayed"

when I use the tool provided on the .MOBI site
http://emulator.mtld.mobi/emulator.php

To view SmartyPants.mobi

Jim

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Fredo,
If you look at our pages from a PDA, then they should all appear frine as they are. I'd recommend the Default templates as they are more basic than other templates.
Ed

Wow, Houston we have a problem.
PDA devices are far more inteligent than cellphones !!
Their browser's capability are almost the same as that on PCs these days.

To work properly on a regular cell phone you have to start by removing javascript.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Default header with basic 1 seems to work well for me as well.

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just changed mine on ND from "basic 1" to "basic 2" now as well.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Fredo,

You're right, we do need a real solution. I've been bugging tech about it and they should have it up this week. I apologise for not getting it up sooner.

In fact, this is a Fun Week. A lot of new things coming out after a little time of quiet.

Ed

hedgefund

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Fredo,

You're right, we do need a real solution. I've been bugging tech about it and they should have it up this week. I apologise for not getting it up sooner.

In fact, this is a Fun Week. A lot of new things coming out after a little time of quiet.

Ed

Ed,

You should ask them(your tech guys) to provide a hosting solution which is able to detect where the traffic is coming from. If the traffic comes from a PC, then ND should provide full web pages without worring aout MOBI compliance, so the PPC should work fine in this case. And if the traffic comes from a mobile device, then ND SHOULD provide a MOBI comliance web pages.

This solution can be seen from dev.mobi.

Thanks

my 1 cent

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm at Sedo, but would prefer ND if/when you have a better template.
The Traffic idea posted above would a really great incentive for me and many others I'm sure :-D

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I appreciate there is a need to differentiate between traffic coming from a mobile device and from a PC. We are consulting dotmobi.mobi to ensure that our pages react as well as possible, not just for .mobi but for the countless other extensions which are, naturally, accessible from mobile devices.

Ed

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I appreciate there is a need to differentiate between traffic coming from a mobile device and from a PC. We are consulting dotmobi.mobi to ensure that our pages react as well as possible, not just for .mobi but for the countless other extensions which are, naturally, accessible from mobile devices.

Ed

Great :bounce:
Thanks

hedgefund

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ed

Thanks, Ed. Appreciate your help.

Actually, dotmobi has already differentiated traffic already for their main site: mtld.mobi. If you type mtld.mobi from your PC, you will get redirected to: pc.mtld.mobi.

Thanks again.

HF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom