Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

parking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to complain here, but no luck there. I guess the parking system has changed. After 10 emails maybe my names still dont show parked, I parked almost 100 there recently but no parking page, just the 10 I signed up with. I guess they changed the system since I first signed up with them, but they are at wits end with me and I with them. My for sales names show some traffic, but I have no landing page, so no ppc or offer ability. Sedo is my choice, but to be honest they are making it tough on me. This has been like pulling teeth. I sure could be happier, but feel sure its largely on my end and system will improve, but can you make it soon? LOL

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Until they have hits they won't show in the Parking list.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not true. I had parked names with no hits, and now I show names for sale with hits, yet no landing page and dont show parked

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did you change your domain's dns (name servers) to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com or not? if you did and your domains still do not pull up a landing page then there is something definetely wrong... there should be a page also setup instantly (to which you can simply url forward to) once you insert your domain for sale within the sedo database... you should check www.sedo.com/parking/domain.com which displays the parked/for sale page, integrated with the ppc results as well.

* domain.com = the domain that you have listed on sedo for sale

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes of course I changed my dns, and they are now(I assume) going to sedo as I'm getting hits and the pages i had no longer show but no landing page. Theyve told me that it takes a couple of days. The system seems different now as there is no place to add parked names, only names for sale. I really want to use them other than afternic, but currently I have about 100 more to add there, dns is pointed there, but i dont want to spend the time until I know its worked out. They have lost their patience with me, but they still wont give me a clear answer. I dont think the new system is complete, and I did get countless errors when I inputed my first 100. If the system is working I wish it was easier to understand. I've never had a problem else where, I mean the concept is pretty simple.

Figure I wont worry about it for a couple of days, but this has been a pain. If they weren't with dnf and have such a strong industry name i wont even still be trying. As I understand now, they make the landing pages, not like afternic or sedo's old system where you just added the name as parked. Just thought I would give them a try as I wasnt happy with afternic in past. If its not resolved in a couple of days I guess I'll look for different solution.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the same problems using Sedo nameservers with domain names on some registrars, so I opted to use url forwarding which seems to have solved the problem plus it was setup instantly after adding the names to the sedo database and traffic started flowing thru within hours.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it really seems no one understands. my names are there(pointed). im getting hits on my for sale page listings, but no credits or landing page.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Keshe,

We do not have a new system for parking domains or adding domains for sale.
It has not changed:
Here's how you can list your domain names in Sedo’s catalogue:

1) Login to your account.
2) Click on the link "add a domain".
3) Complete the form with your domain name, category, price, and description.
4) Check the user agreement box and then click "insert domain".

After you have added your domains to your account, you can park your domains through one of two options (the first is recommended):

METHOD 1: NAME SERVER FORWARDING
At your registrar, change your Name Server settings

METHOD 2: URL FORWARDING
If your registrar allows, forward your domain to a URL

Check out http://www.sedo.com/services/parkingsteps.php4 for more specific information.

PLease note that you could not track hits or clicks without a parking page, as if there is no parking page - the domains have not uploaded as parked.

As I explained yesterday - you only listed domains for sale on July 19th.
Domains parked using the DNS method can take three days to upload as parked.
Also - you are supposed to list the domains for sale on Sedo, then make changes to the DNS.
By not following the instructions, you are complicating the process.
Please send me a list of the domains that you consider to be affected, and I will look into it again.
Until you specify exactly which domains are not parked, I cannot help you further with this matter.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keshe, do you mean after you try to park the domain and already set a keyword, it does not have a landing page of that particular keyword?
it is just pointing to the normal standard portal site?

Probably there is a glitch in Sedo system. When i am at home checking one of my domain's landing page. It land in the correct keyword landing page. But when i am in my office within a LAN, that same domain does not have a landing page, but just a standard portal site.

So i think it will not have a landing page for certain IP. Or probably they made it this way.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

The problem was that the DNS change had not uploaded.
As stated, DNS changes can take up to three working days to be processed.
This must be done by the registrar - not Sedo.
There is no glitch in Sedo's system.

Skylight - is the IP at your workplace in a different geographical area to your home IP?
If so, this could be due to geo-targetting - while your keyword generates sufficient links to provide a parking page in one geographical area, it may not be the optimum KW for another area.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel (221)-420-758-287 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Skylight - is the IP at your workplace in a different geographical area to your home IP?
If so, this could be due to geo-targetting - while your keyword generates sufficient links to provide a parking page in one geographical area, it may not be the optimum KW for another area.

Hmm... my working place is just 20 minutes away from my home... so i dont think the geo targetting has such a great effect.

But the my office is using a different ISP from my home. Perhaps it is due to the different ISP.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your IP over at your office might not be resolving on a reverse dns properly so when sedo's system trys to look up and figure out where exactly the IP is located it cannot do so and therefore it does what it does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators