Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking - To Iframe or not to Iframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am currently parking some of my domains at Sed# and their TOS says you can use Iframes.
Quoting Sedo “Advantage: Good search engine results”

So my question to all of you is do you use Iframes when you park your pages so you can add meta tags for search engines?

It seems to me this is a given unless you have a domain that you strictly rely on type in traffic.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance another newbie :)

Spinlock

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
According the the Domain Parking Policy:
Domain owner may not generate traffic to their domain name(s) or clicks on advertising links by any of the following methods: listings on newsgroups or discussion boards (with the exception of "domain for sale" postings), bulk emailing, ICQ postings, or chat room/IRC postings, iframes, zero pixel frames, hitbots, clickbots, spiders, CGI scripts, java-scripts, or any other similar method.

Domain owner may not place the Parking Program page within a frame without prior written approval from Sedo.

The Policy

That's pretty clear, I'd say. Write for permission before you try something like that, or you'll lose your account.

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you should do is create a splash page acting as an entryway to your parked page. On the splash page you can embed meta tags as well as links to your other parked pages. Sedo does not allow this but other parkers will.

Sedo is great place to sell domains but their parking program is not the finest.

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply folks. I also need to correct myself from my original post I said their TOS when I should have said FAQ

Here is what I found

Can I display a parked page in my own framed page?

Yes. However, we have done a lot of research into the effectiveness of optimized parked pages'. We have found that the simpler a parked page, the more effective it is. We would therefore strongly discourage using frames which could distract visitors away from the parking ads. In addition, we do not allow frames including other PPC programs. If you are unsure what is permitted in framed parked pages, please send us an email to [email protected] .

Demo... could you pm me a good place to park. I currently have only about a dozen domains that I want to have parked.

Thanks

For anybody who cares I did contact SEDO to get their take on IFrames and here is some of the response that I received.

If you would like to use an invisible frame which would allow you to change the meta tags then you may do so.

So in my case IFrames appear to be ok just dont add any content of your own other then the meta tags.

I still suggest anybody wanting to do this give them a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom